Harrison is a gutless rey-rey want too be

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoT, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Can we stop this "football is nasty" and "that type of hit used to be celebrated" stuff? Yes, that type of hit used to be celebrated. That doesn't mean everyone was right for celebrating it. We now know that that type of hit is very dangerous and can significantly affect players futures health wise. Would it be okay for a doctor to prescribe a drug that has recently been proven to cause cancer because doctor's used to prescribe it all the time?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bammerboi is a closet stooler gaybob

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So if a QB like Tebow, Newton or Locker is running at a defender full speed with knees high he is still protected? Or do the defenders have to guess if he is going to throw or not?

There is also the question why a QB should be protected outside the pocket with a football under his arm at all. They can slide, we have the throw away rule. What more do you want a flag?

Harrison made a definitive decision to attack the guy with the ball. The fact he threw the ball to a receiver at the last second doesn't make him evil. A penalty for the hit to the head was fine but if a hit like that can get a star QB out of a game i would not blame any player for doing it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow what intellect. You keep making yourself look more silly with each post.

You wanted to hurt Peyton Manning the same way on purpose. You are unprincipled in your post you just don't like a certain team.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I blame hareison because he is a loser stooler turd. BTW the ref blamed him and the commissioner blamed him because he broke the rules, the actual rules. Not the made up rules you imagine exists. Just go to StoolerGayBarNation and have a good life

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you got me all wrong I HATE the stoolers, I dont like New England and the J-e-t-s

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Where do you draw the line? It's OK to incur lasting braindamage? Maybe paralyze a player? How about just choking them to death???

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I hate Harrison as a player. Largely because he is a Steeler, also largely because he is a turd. Those usually go hand-in-hand.

They should stop hits like these from happening for sure. But honestly, there are always going to be jarring hits in tackle football. People will get concussions, and peoples' brains will be destroyed. Same with Boxing/Cage fighting etc. Any jarring sport played for years on end is going to damage the brain.

There's a reason Chris Benoit (wrestler) went insane and killed his family, his brain was like gray, gristly apple sauce from years of trauma.

If somebody wants to live a nice, long life, they should pull a Jeff Samardija and play MLB where you can make 220 million dollars, have a 20 year career, and a functioning brain into your 60s.

There is no way to make football safe, try as they may. But completely intentional laying the bricks on somebody, especially fragile QBs in the open field AFTER they got rid of the pass HAS to be stopped, and repeat offenders like Harrison should be seriously punished.

BUT..... He won't. It's not really about Player Safety to the NFL, it's about making money. Star QBs are protected because they make tons for the NFL.

Harrison is a star for better or worse, and the Steeler fanbase makes up a large chunk of NFL fans. So... you keep him and other dirty stars playing, you keep making money. That's all there is to it.

It's a money-grubbing issue first, it's a safety issue second, IMO.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why don't I "get it". I get that he's dirty. I get that he's a douche.

Guess what? If Finnegan were his size- there'd be threads like this against him.

How many of us hate him? Actually- we want 10 more like him on defense. Fearless.

It's a tough game. Give me 30 million dollars. I'll take whatever hit Harrison wants to throw at me. I'll retire at age 30 and be alright with that.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Creeping Cruds Response: Your name calling is SO offensive to a group of respectful people. Please refrain or you'll find yourself taking a permanent vacation.

Oh but he'll let it slide for you because you're in the breakfast club

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar