Hard to get excited about Titans' draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's been 3 days since the draft and people already think its bad. The rookies haven't even stepped on the field yet.

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Gloat, i realize LT was not in the picture much when opposing WRs were prancing into the endzone, so maybe you didnt notice him. But trust me, whereever he was, he was horrible. It is laughable that people do not recognize how badly we need safety help. None of the guys we have were good enough to unseat LT, who is the worst starter in all of football.

For the record, that is what i think we have in Griffin. He may play CB early, but when Pac returns (knock on wood), he'll shift back.

And yeah we needed help at DE and elsewhere, but if one of our needs is top on the board, take him. Not hard to understand.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

you guys think we filled our needs at DLine, specifically DE?!?!!?

what? this is just crazy...right now the weakest part of our team is the DLine...how many teams do you know of that have had success by having a bad DLine?

We are one injury away from having one of the worst DLine's ever...

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

So would would have made an impact? Moss? Moses? Who would save our D-Line?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

There were no DE's or DT's left worth using the 19th pick on, so the choice was to trade down if possible or select a different position. We opted to fix another glaring problem on our defence, the secondary.
    Sure it'd have been nice to trade up in the 2nd and get one remaining DE's, but I don't think the cost of trading up would be worth it.

Edit: I just realised the DE's selected in round 2 were actually selected after our pick, but weren't really anyone I would have wanted.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i'm not saying we should have taken one in the 1st round...

rather we should have used either our 2nd or 3rd round selection on one...

Our Dline was bad last year...that is being nice...they contributed heavily to the Titans having the 29th ranked rush defense and 28th ranked in sacks...

i think we lost robaire smith, but essentially are bringing back the same group...

last year we were so thin at DE...we moved DT's to play DE...

do you seriously believe that the same group is going to be able to improve that much?

i highly doubt it...and if the injury bug hits again, we are screwed...

before the draft, there was talk about how much of a need DE was...and then we waited until the 6th round to take a DE? That makes no sense...

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well, off season is not over. I want to see if they get anything.

8. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i emailed Jim Wyatt on this subject yesterday...here was his response:

9. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

This team had too many holes to fill in one draft, at least with first day picks. You just take the BPA at a position of need, which for us is pretty much everywhere except QB and maybe LB. You do NOT rank your positions of need and then take the best player available at the first one and so on.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

well, whatever...not drafting a DE sooner is going to bite the Titans in the butt...I don't see how we can expect anything better than again being 29th in the NFL in rush defense and 28th in total sacks when we decide to essentially stay pat at DE/DT....

*sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar