Halo Question and Xbox thoughts

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by VolnTitan, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hate to keep asking questions, but...

So when I signed up for xbox live, I had to choose another gamertag because the one I used when I set up the box was taken. Before I had signed up for Live, I spent hours on Halo 3. After signing up, when I went to play Halo again, it started me all over again, no where I left off, where I saved. It saved my "achievements" but not my progress. Any ideas?

Now some initial thoughts on the Xbox. Set up is a little tedious and not clear, but once you get it, I like the interface (unless it won't let me get my progress in the Halo game!). The controller took a bit to get used too, but that is probably because I am used to ps3 controller. I like the rumble. I think the PS3 feels and looks more solid, fwiw, but I am sure the xbox is built just fine. I don't notice a huge difference with the graphics. I like the fact you can download movies and TV Shows, although it isn't clear how much they are. The biggest negative? The damn thing is loud as hell compared to the ps3. Sounds like it is about to take off.

Well, there you go! Any help on the Halo problem would be great!

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

your progress and achievements are gamer profile specific
    the same thing happened to me
    I blasted through Oblivion and then signed up for Live
    realized the gamertag was taken (which is BS)
    if you want your gamerscore to increase, play under your LIVE gamertag from now on

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well that is a big flaw in their system. It kept my acheivements but not my progress. They need to change that.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it happens with other systems to
    if you change your profiles, game saves change too

what they really need to tell you is to make sure you sign up foor LIVE first, before you do anything

it pissed me off to and I agree is f'ed up
    call XBOX see if there's something that can be done

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

No reason to call. It will give me more practice before I venture online ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar