Halloween II

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The most confusing review ever?
    Seems we've come to the era of "remakes of sequels"..
    Though Halloween II #2 really isn't a remake of the original H2 with everything going down in the hospital etc.. - more of a continuation of Rob Zombie's remake.. There are some improvements over the first (remake of Halloween, not the original sequel) whereas we only have to see Sherry Moon and not listen to her talk (thank god). Michael Myers in H2(2) is far more brutal than any of his previous incarnations. He stabs with reckless abandon. Best "look" of any Halloween film - Nighttime and almost pure blackness play a big role in this film and Haddonfield is as scary as it's ever been.
    That said, the story is scattered and pointless and the dialogue is typical RZ mindless cussin'. Loomis is now a bad guy?
    My biggest complaint - the infamous score is nowhere to be found until the final scene.. FAIL..
    So the sequel to the remake is slightly better than the original (remake) but nowhere near as good as the original (sequel) and not even in the same league as the the original (original)!

2. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Yup, you're right, very confusing. However, I understand what you're saying. I can't wait to see the movie.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So, why does RZ feel compelled to remake a relatively recent cult fave series?

It's like that remake of The Omen... nothing was gained from it at all.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I have to admit. In my opinion. That was the worst horror movie i have ever seen. First off. It was not anywhere near scary. More brutal and disgusting with the graphic stabbing scenes. Second they show his face and i just did not like it one bit. After all these years. Off course he is bound to have a beard and such but the guy is a old man. He should have kept the mask on the entire movie. third. Terrible acting. Each time his sister cried i did not see one tear. Another thing. When he killed the police officers daughter, why was there so much blood on the walls, yet all i saw was a mere assortment of scratches on her body. It was imo a full on suckfest. I may have gotten a few jumps, but it was no where near a good movie. Lastly, why does michael yell and grunt in this movie? That totally kills his mysterious vibe and makes him more human. Again this is just my opinion but halloween 2 was the kangaroo jack of horror movies lol.

5. Passepartout

Passepartout May Flowers and May Day

Wouldn't pay a dime to see this movie as I am not into horror films! Sorry!

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Very proud of you..

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

First one was better. This was a bit of a mess. I hated the re-imagining of Loomis. The ending/twist was absurd with Moon. The violence was so grisly and extreme that I felt numb to it by the end, and that usually is a bad sign IMO. Points to Zombie for capturing some great atmosphere are times. As a review I read recently put it, he might be the best horror director that hasn't made anything better than a mediocre film.

4/10.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Definitely his strong point and THE redeeming value of this movie. If he could get help writing/dialogue he could make some solid horror. The Moon flashbacks were pure Friday The 13th territory.

Next up on the horror remake parade: Nightmare on Elm Street with Jackie Earl Haley as Freddie (and I don't think they could picked a better replacement!)
    It's Alive!
    and
    Hellraiser (new Pinhead photos abound online)

[​IMG]

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

it was a over-glorified rob zombie music video with michael myers.

2/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar