Halla-freakin-loua! Fisher moving away from the zone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Did you watch nick harper this season???? They picked on him almost every time they went to the air!!! And our back ups were even worse!!! We have a lot of solid young DL players! Obviously DE is a position to look at but not our biggest need and def not worthy a first round pick unless some really good DE falls to 16 and is better then any option at corner!!! With washburn as coach he can turn any 3rd round DE into a star, cant say the same about our CB's coach!!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again... because there was zero pressure up front.

Last season there was pressure... how'd Harper do then? Much better, right?

Harper sucks, no doubt about it- but pressure up front makes any average DB much better.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Didn't he finally get contacts just this past season?
    Maybe that's it.
    Maybe he'd gain a step if his vision was fuzzy.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I think the prevent defense just won the saints the superbowl...

5. TitansWillWin2

agreed! however, CB is still our biggest need. We have good young DL players and especially now that jason jones will be back this season. Good CB are harder to come by then DE especially for us because of was jim washburn!

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There isn't going to be a CB worthy of taking at pick 16. Joe Haden will be long gone and the next closest guy is a 2nd rounder at best.

It's pointless to talk about drafting a CB in the first round.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

No way we invest an early pick in CB in the draft after last year. Maybe neither McCourty or Mouton are ready to start but I guarantee we go DE in the first. Ford, Ball, and Hayes are your ends when KVB leaves, we need pressure up front....... go after a CB in free agency.

Like Gloats been echoing in this thread and I have preached all along, a good front will create probowlers in your secondary. The draft is deep with guys this year so someone will be there at 16 for us. Give me a DE or DT that can create havoc in the pocket and i'll give you a secondary full of probowlers, maybe even Harper.......... maybe.

8. TitansWillWin2

if we get some upgrade over harper then yes thats fine. but we cant go into the season with either harper, mccourty or mouton being our 2nd starting cb!!

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We need to move LW or Scaife or both and get more picks is what we need to do.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

see that depends. the problem is that the draft, while obviously the better way to build, it takes longer. Regardless of whether we draft a CB or DE, both are positions that take longer to develop via the draft. (Even all-pro finny had his stumblings early - if i remember he was just simply a slight upgrade over Hill which well is saying nothing)

I would like to draft in the first and second a DE/CB of which ever is better; but i would also like to pursue one of each in FA to fill the hold now and let the rooks develop and learn.

But u did say a very valid point - I trust Jim over any other D coordinator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar