Hall of Fame Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Eddyc85, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

im pretty stoked that it's actually going to be in HD!..and i saw somewhere on my NFL Network that says they have all the preseason games in HD as well...so that will be cool for the other games, as i don't see myself making the drive for those.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Don't get too excited, nfl network shows a couple of games live, the rest you gotta watch the next day. And the Titans aren't on their list of live games :sad2:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I thought a couple of months ago the NFL network was done on comcast, but it appears a deal was done because it is still on my TV. So I'm happy.

I would think the HOF Game would be live. Not sure. But I gotta think that will be on nationally.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hall of Fame game starts at 8:00 pm on NBC
    http://www.thespread.com/nfl-footba...e-odds-bills-at-titans-point-spread-over.html
    Game: Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans

Time: 8:00PM ET

TV Schedule: Coverage starts at 8:00PM ET on NBC

Odds: Titans –3

Over/Under: 31

The 2009 Hall of Fame Game will be played in Canton, Ohio on Sunday, August 9 between the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans. It’ll be the first preseason game of the 2009 NFL season.

Bet the 2009 Hall of Fame Game

Oddsmakers from online sports book SPORTSBETTING.COM have made the Titans 3-point favorites against the Bills and have established the over/under for this game at 31.

The trends in this game give the Titans a slim advantage, as Tennessee is 1-0 against the spread versus Buffalo over the last three seasons. Also, One of one games in his series have gone over the total over the last three seasons.

The Titans lost a significant piece of their defensive line this offseason when tackle Albert Haynesworth signed a free agent contract with the Washington Redskins. Tennessee hopes that former Tampa Bay Bucs defensive tackle Jovan Haye can fill the void left by Haynesworth, who has emerged as one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL.

Offensively for the Titans, the team re-signed quarterback Kerry Collins and also inked free agent wide receiver Nate Washington to give Collins another weapon in the passing game outside of dynamic young playmaker Chris Johnson.

Buffalo also a significant piece to their 2008 roster as well, as the team traded offensive tackle Jason Peters to the Philadelphia Eagles for a first round draft pick. But the Bills also added a significant piece when they signed toxic but highly productive wide receiver Terrell Owens to a one-year deal.

The Bills also added some significant young talent through the draft with the selections of defensive end Aaron Maybin, guards Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, and cornerback Jairus Byrd.

In last year’s Pro Football Hall of Fame Game, the Washington Redskins topped the Indianapolis Colts 30-16 and in 2007, the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the New Orleans Saitns 20-7.

This year’s Hall of Fame Game will take place on Sunday, August 9 at 8:00PM ET on NBC.

2009 Hall of Fame Game Point Spread and Over Under Totals

Buffalo Bills +3 Over 31

Tennessee Titans –3 Under 31

5. BudAdams

booo...thanks for looking that up.

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Well you could do what some do and just stream them live.:wink2: I have NFL Ticket but just saying.

7. BudAdams

or i could just watch it on tv live, not in hd.

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I was speaking for games in general say if you don't want to spend money on the NFL Pass or whatever they call that crap they offer.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I really wouldn't be worried about watching a preseason game a day later. You don't really care about the score, so it's ok if you've read about it before you see it. If I couldn't make it to a game, but could watch it in HD on NFL network the next day, I'd be fine with that.

Once we get to the regular season, then live broadcast is the only way to go. Or DVR, and catch up with it while skipping commercials.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I must watch regular season in real time. I can not commercial buffer a live broadcast. Last thing I need is my phone ringing a minute before it happens. Or hear drunken hollers and cheers from the front yard down the street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar