Half-Life 2 : The Orange Box

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

as far as I can tell Bobo, this Orange box contains the same game HL2 that was released on Xbox PLUS 2 new campaigns and 2 new "games" that has never been released on consoles

I've heard it called the best value in gaming
    5 games for the price of 1

if you go to the Valve site I posted on page 1, it might reveal more

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Coolio. If the add ons are even half as long as HL2, it'd be well worth it :yes:

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

------------As you may have heard, Episode One begins right where HL2 left off, with the destruction of the Combine Citadel. However, those of you who've been waiting for an answer to how Gordon and Alyx escaped the devastation are going to have to keep holding your breath. If anything, the revelation just gets weirder, instead of clearer.-----------------IGN

Gamespot says : Episode One is even better than Half-Life 2. The only problem is that it's over before you know it. (6 hours give or take)
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/h...l?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halflife2episode2/review.html?sid=6180714&tag=topslot;title;3

9.5 on Gamespot

Closing Comments
    There's nothing else available on any console like The Orange Box. Though you could argue that Half-Life 2 is old news by now, there are still four components of the Box brand new to consoles. That so much great content is offered at the standard single-game price is astonishing. Playing through Half-Life 2 again and then continuing on through Episodes One and Two is like batting with the '27 Yankees. These are Hall of Fame titles; it doesn't get much better than this. Throw in Portal, an imaginative puzzle game with a wicked sense of humor, and Team Fortress 2, one of the few multiplayer games to get the class system right, and you have a tremendous package. And all on one disc. While Portal and TF2 may not be strong enough to stand on their own, coupled with the Half-Life titles, The Orange Box really is one of the best games ever released.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/826/826062p5.html

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Will cop along with Assassin's Creed and Ratchet and Clank...

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just copped
    playing now

so far
    the Episode 1 expansion is terrific
    but I don't understand why Ep 1 and 2 weren't just named Half-Life 3 or something, or at least Half-Life 2 : part II and III

5 games / 1 box .... pretty damn thrifty
    Portal is pretty dang fun and with a good sense of humor

have yet to play Team Fortress over Live
    reminds me of a Serious Sam game
    maps are married to categories ... bummer

so far the campaign through Ep1 is running well
    the cool thing is that you can select any of the 5 games at any time, so you don't have to play through HL2 just to unlock Ep1, then 2 and so on. i appreciate that considering I played through HL2 last year, and although a very good gaming experience, I'm more concerned with finding out how the story progresses ... i'll probably play through the original again at least once just because it was so good

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    cannot recommend this to a FPS fan more highly
    on sheer value alone it's a must buy
    helps tremendously that it's awesome to boot
    they might've been able to sneak this one out for $75

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

So, is this XBoxLive a crippled version of 'net gaming?

Can you connect with the XBox to any TF2 game server? Or are you limited to servers only hosting other XBox players?

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Xbox Live is a sealed server as far as I know

in essence, I believe you 'could' use tunnelers for virtual LAN and such
    but LIVE is a coneection portal only with other LIVE subscribers

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Must have :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar