guys, please, i am asking you all.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kimberly, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh, and I've hated Collins from a distance for a long time. Not real hate, mind you. Football hate. Now I don't really "hate" him anymore. I'm just sad he's here. It's like being on a collision course with a large meteor.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Clearly Volek should have started and Collins been the #3. I think 31 teams would have made that decision, too. Why can't we?

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If we were smart, which we're not, Fisher should have decided to keep Billy for his experience and time in Tennessee, brought Collins along if he tanked/got hurt and started Young as planned.

It might have even been healthy to use our QBs the same way we will our RBs, but no, we're not that smart.

We're conservative, and we'll stay so even though it guarantees losses. If we're losing, what are we really protecting? And don't say Vince Young. He's not glass. We drafted him, whether he's your type of QB or not, because he has more guts, leadership and charisma than any QB we could have drafted, the kind of stuff that can transform a team.

4. Archtitan

Archtitan Guest

Its funny. It's the only position where people are scared of putting a first round pick in right away. Every other position the kid is expected not only to start, but to contribute in a big way. I don't care if he doesn't know all the playbook. I don't care if he runs risk of injury. Go ahead and play Young now and get the future underway. He's going to have to take his lumps at some point. Why waste the opportunity that is THIS SEASON? No one thinks this team is going to the playoffs, so just get him as many snaps now as possible.

I don't want to see anymore Kerry-frickin-Collins. Who on this team is going to want to go to war for a guy they've known for 2 weeks? This is ridiculous. That was the most pitiful display I have EVER seen yesterday and I hope every player goes to their positional coach and lobbies for Young. I think these players want to win, but the staff is not cooperating. F--- Kerry Collins. People here in Dallas are calling for Bledsoe's head after one game. That's because they expect their QBs delivery I want to see someone on these boards stop letting their expectations slide. All I'm reading on the boards today is a bunch of apologists and excuse-makers. I've been an ardent fan of this franchise for 25 years and I have never been more hacked-off.

Peace out.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I understand the arguments against starting VY, but I think there is more positives in starting him now than not.
    Obviously, the people in charge think different, and they may be right.

But yesterday, we had the QB with the least experience with our offense and playbook on the field taking the lions share of the snaps AND IT SHOWED.
    That is just straight up a TERRIBLE coaching move on the Titans part.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and the one with the most exp. as the #3...does not compute

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

My point exactly. Thank you.

I agree with your entire post, especially about apologists and sliding expectations. I was all for taking it one game at a time - that game was ours for the taking, and Fisher said "pass."

Also, your name rocks.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

DOES NOT COMPUTE!>:(

If anyone know the BBC show "DR. WHO," in the monotone voice of the Daleks: "EXTERMINATE!" >:(

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar