guys, please, i am asking you all.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kimberly, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

kimberly, that is the most retarded thing in the world I've ever heard. Vince needs to do his spot work. I think the fumes from the heaps of bs that that fester in the hole of ignorance otherwise known as the tomb have affected your judgement. Starting Vince Young right now would be the dumbest thing Fisher could do. Go sell that kool-aid :koolaid: elsewhere because it looks like Jim Jones was mixing it up for 'ya. :brow:

Know what I mean Vern?
    :wink2:

[​IMG]

www.wikipedia.com

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

vince can get hurt walking across the street. whether he plays now, or week ten he can get hurt.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

if you're worried about vince getting hurt, then collins and volek are at much greater risk from injury...given the same hit volek and collins will get hurt before vince will...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

that is true but you must agree that the probability of injury will decrease as he gains some experience.
    also, I bet the hope is among the coaches that the line will improve and we will have a better line all around next year.

5. Fry

how does he gain experience by not playing though?

people's main argument as to why collins should start ahead of volek is his experince. well, if you count experience as sitting on the bench and watching an nfl caliber qb, then volek is very experienced. if you count experience as playing time, then vince is almost as good an option as volek.

6. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

agreed, The point was he's not ready... if it comes down to someone taking a blindside hit that takes a QB out I'd rather it not be Vince who is the future, let him get the game experience to read the D's, make the plays and get his timing with our recievers.. as of now IMO Collins has the experience level, would Volek be better I dunno, we all hoped he would've been but Obviously Fisher has decided he's not..

7. Fry

taking a blindside hit doesnt have any barring on whether a qb is experienced or not. thats on the o-line. volek still gets killed back there because he's immobile and holds on to the ball too long. same with collins. i dont think that has anything to do with experience.

he can't get game experience if he doesnt play.

that's what mini camp and training camp are for.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

maybe those guys won't hold the ball as long... or scramble because they can't seem to get the reads down quick enough. I know Vince is a stud... but just because Volek is a wimp next to Young doesn't mean he wouldn't get injured, I know... I don't even look at Volek as being on this team anymore. He is gone as soon as we can make a deal. anyhow, look at Peyton Manning... why does he never get hurt? I know he is the same size as Vince... put he get the ball gone... zoom! Once Vince looks like a gunslinger at BSP they will try him at LP.

Hey, grab a coke and smile. It's just the 2007 season.

[​IMG]

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes, and he stunted McNair for it.

I think on the flipside of this, because the Titans now will not wait 2 years to play Vince while we play Collins, and frankly, half the season could be too much as well.

It is for this reason: the players came to play, and if you let rusty 'ol Collins play, the game which is important to players and fans becomes like a practice to Fisher and Collins. Fisher won't realize this before it's too late, mainly because as head coach, his pride won't let him be dictated to by players and fans, assistants, etc.

This could be one time when Bud's intervention is actually helpful.

10. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar