Gunny for Mod?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 31, 2010.

?
  1. YES

23 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. NO

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Who's Gunny?

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

10 to 10 is the perfect neutral vote for a new moderator....

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I voted Yes but I want to change that to No. Everyone knows that absolute power corrupts absolutely. Except for TJ whose absolute corruption comes across as friendly and even tempered somehow. Uncorrupted Gunny is fine the way he is, corrupted absoutely Gunny is an unknown and that would cause me to have to slightly alter my whole GoTitans experience. Probably would be expotentially better, but there is a small chance it could be worse in some minor way - and I for one won't take that chance.

[​IMG]
    What about the children?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Votes locked in my friend.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's a sign that we need new blood at moderator when the Big Kahuna lets a member start his own campaign to become a mod.

If we need an Austalasian mod we also need a European mod.:wink2:

5. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I'm just a rookie here but I think a moderator shouldn't be appointed based on popularity. That concept is intrisically flawed as it is based on favoritism and partialism.
    A moderator's job isn't to be the most popular,a ring leader, or to referee fights but to eliminate posts that violate the TOS and ensure that ALL fans can contribute so that 'fights' dont ocurr. A wise moderator understands that healthy debate from all sides and opposing viewpoints are valued but ensures that the arguments remain civil and not personal. I've been involved in other online forums, games, etc. and also know that if you have too many 'admins'; there is a real risk of having 'too many chiefs; not enough indians'.
    Like I said, I'm the NUG here so take what I say with a grain of salt. I believe all my posts have been non-confrontational and I even go out of my way to ensure that it is not construed the wrong way. Suffice to say, a response with an expletive or being called a name isn't healthy debate and I believe violates the TOS. We are all Titans fans and all deserve respect. My two cents. Based on Gunny's explicit endorsement (highfive) of a profane message from his friend(see McNabb thread) and the fact that he is campaigning way too hard for this smacks of a possible power trip. My vote is NO. Sorry Gunny, just don't think you're impartial. If you're a fellow Marine; I'm doubly sorry.

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

It's better than Gunny trying to start Tyeology :wink2:

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:toast:

Oh snap I forgot he's a religious nutter. :ha:

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't give a crap who's a Mod. But let me say; we need Jesse-like characters to have a quality message board. So what if Gunny and him don't see eye to eye, they don't need to. But if Gunny comes around banning me and my posts I'm gonna be pissed. I've gotten an infraction for something I thought was funny, but I guess it was against this sites rules after all. Gunny could make a fine Mod most days.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Of course, if we were all the same, we'd agree and there wouldn't be anything to talk about.

Sometimes, I play devils advocate and turn up the sarcasm in my posts just to generate discussion. Call me a troll, so I can print out the post and put it on the refrigerator. :)

When posts from certain posters become malicious, thats I get out the ignore feature. Everyone can be their own mod, with the ignore feature.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

24/7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar