guitar hero III

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Fry, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

my good friend bought this game for his wife and I hate it. I mean, I'm fine with him buying things for his sweetie, but I really find the game infuriating. I really have absolutely no desire to aspire to even being mediocre at it. I see it's appeal and I totally can see why people like it but it's not for me.

Honestly, I just wish my friend would have bought Madden. I'd play that all the time. His new console is an xbox 360 btw. He plays it on a Philips 50" Plasma HDTV. Sweet set-up. I really wish he was more into football.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I played the game under a similar deal Sec, guy bought it for his wife and kids. I'll enjoy playing my real guitar more, but the game was addictive. Even the people that weren't that good at it couldn't put it down. It's just a good challenge.

Before I'd played both Madden 08 and GH3, I thought I'd much I'd like Madden a lot better. But now I've played both and I think Madden was a let down this year, and this game is a surprise to me.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

:suspect: It is a good challenge but there are a plethora of challenges one could take up. Any number of them has more appeal to me.

Did you know that I have never watched "Dancing With The Stars"?

It's one of the biggest hit TV shows and I have absolutely no interest in it. I didn't even care to tune in when I had advance notice through my mother in-law that Jerry Rice was going to be on. I could have dvr'ed it but I didn't even bother.

I did at least play the game. I do see why it's fun. That game would completely rule if I had musical interests that went beyond mp3's and listening to the radio.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Congratulations! you're not gay ! :ha:

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What's the suspect eyes for? :suspect:

Yes, I understand totally....popular things aren't always great to all. But you said it was "infuriating"....so did you just suck at it and therefor it's no good? :makefun2: :))

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The animation part of the game is just silly to me... I'd be embarrassed if anyone walked in and saw me playing that.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Never played GH. Looks hard though.

I am musically challenged.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oh man me and my friends were lol'in at some of those scenes. Silly they were, but funny silly. Not so unlike this guy.

[​IMG]

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Are you joking? I highlighted it in red for you. No wonder it appeals to you and you are good at it. You obviously really dig music and that is cool. Look at your signature line.
    yeah. pretty much. Finger banging takes less dexterity. I never said it was no good. I just said it wasn't for me. Hitting color coded buttons in time while pretending that I'm an overweight Gene Simmons with the physique of a professional wrestler on a tiny little toy guitar isn't exactly my idea of what makes a good video game. Besides, that scroll action makes me nauseous. Plus my friends will do the same song repeatedly because they are trying to learn it better.. and I get sick of Sting. Plus, I really hate the bad note sounds. I'm more entertained observing my fish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar