Guess CJ's total rushing yards vs. Bucs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I personally just don't think a lot of people expectations of CJ are realistic. I think you guys are blinded by your anger for him holding out, getting a big pay day, and then not performing well.

I'm not one to sit here and say he's been at the top of his game, because he clearly has not (due to the hold out). However, it's very evident that he wasn't/isn't getting much help (O-Line play). People call him selfish because he wanted to get paid, and compare what he financially earn to what people make with normal careers. RBs lifespan is approximately 5 years at best, after that he's done. What other talents does he have to fall back on after the NFL? The business side of the NFL dictates getting paid when you can, because when you slip teams/owners part ways immediately.

I think everyone who says that he should perform regardless of offensive line play are football idiots. I'm sorry I don't care what you are getting paid, what your talents are, etc... it's just not realistic to expect good performances consistently from a RB when the O-Line isn't blocking effectively.

Call this year a wash because of his holding out, the CBA dispute, new coaches, new schemes etc. Me, I'm reserving judgement on CJ until next year after a full offseason. This is not making excuses for him, I just don't think expectations of some are realistic.

My real complaint about a lot of people in this thread is the constant complaining. Even when he has a good game you still complain. It's just depressing...How about taking in the moment for a change of pace and be proud that the team finally pulled together a good rushing performance.

Now I'm not saying to be naive enough to say our woes are over, because they aren't. However, I honestly stopped reading most of the forums because of the sheer amount of negativity in them towards the team. I've followed this team through thick and thin and this is one of the first times the negativity has been what it's been for so long.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think you have three kinds of folks here. There are those who will bash CJ regardless because they feel he's cost the Titans a couple of wins this season due to his holdout. There are those who support CJ no matter what because of what he did two seasons ago.

And then there are those here who realize the issue is more complex. CJ had a great game in Carolina only to stink it up the next week. The OL opened up quite a bit of holes the second half of the Panthers game only to do squat in Atlanta. They both have been consistently inconsistent.

This run game isn't anything close to being what it needs to be despite yesterday's game. We can be hopeful but it needs to happen against better run defenses for the Titans to have any kind of shot at the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Yeah this is one of the few post that I agree with on here. Again I'm not saying let's sing Kumbayah because of yesterdays performance. We still need lots of work. The bashing is just crazy in my opinion. Some people act as if they money came out of their own person wallets. Personally, I don't mind him getting paid for his past accomplishments. In my opinion it's better than overpaying for overpriced free agents****cough****cough Ruud.

The team as a whole haven't been consistent. This is evident by our win streak. We have only one win streak this season. All other wins are sandwiched between loses. That is the definition of inconsistent right there.

In any case, I'm going to try to not hijack this thread. I'm done. :D

4. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

@BiscoPhan11...seriously you sucked my post. That sucks!

Guess you just can't please everyone. :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar