Gruden Out!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 10ECTyrant, Oct 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

There are plenty of instances where I think "cancel culture" goes to far, but in saying that, this situation isn't cancel culture. Every time someone loses their job it doesn't mean it is because of "cancel culture". He wasn't fired because of political views (like a certain QB who many of you didn't mind being canceled), religious views, etc etc. He was fired because of racial, sexist, and homophobic slurs. Do you think it is ever ok to fire a person because of things they say?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
  2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

There isn't an employee in the country who is going to stand buy and let one of their employees embarrass them publicly, and not punish that person in some fashion or another. You guys act like the whole concept of someone being fired is something new, it isn't. People have long been fired for these types of situations.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I think there is some misdirected annoyance (anger is likely too strong a word) in this thread.

The real problem is the piece of trash that released this information. There really was no reason for Gruden's emails with a friend to be released to the public (or for so-and-so's tweets from x years ago to be brought back up, or... ). The people doing that kind of stuff are the real enemy here. dg1979us is right, there's no way Gruden could've stayed in his current job with this information brought to light; but that's not on the NFL (a business), that's on our idiotic culture.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I am interested if we ever find out who was leaking his emails, it certainly appears someone had an axe to grind with him.

• Troll Troll x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

only if it violates the freedom of speech exclusions as defined by our constitution and local written and valid LAWS Eg- inciting a riot, not endangering others etc.

Do you think it’s ok for only one segment of society to be given free reign to use particular words?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Why were they publicly embarrassed? Did the NFL, the Raiders, or the Redskins release this info?

second, as I stated, why is there no opportunity for training/rehab? There are other instances equally, if not more egregious than this, where that was a possibility and even backed by the company.

I think the NFL MAY have released this in an effort to appear as if they care about these issues and only Gruden was the cost. Maybe we should expect to see more from the WFT investigation and this is part of the NFL’s distraction.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

THis has nothing to do with the constitution. An employer doesn't have to consult the constitution when deciding if someone should be terminated or not. NFL coaches get fired all the time, so it is strange you guys are so hellbent on acting like this is some sort of violation of his rights. It isn't, but if it is, then should every NFL coach be allowed to complete their contract no matter what?

I think there are pretty obvious reasons why some words are acceptable if said by some people, and not by others yes, but obviously this is a very nuanced conversation.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

You are another saying CK was canx.
    That’s just false narrative. He was released by SF and no team signed him.
    An investigation was completed to see if he was “blackballed” and it was determined he was not or at least no proof of it.

so he is absolutely no different of a scenario leaving the NFL than Tim Tebow as an example.
    No canx involved.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I don't know who released it, but it doesn't matter. Once the info was out, it obviously wasn't a good look.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

As am I. I think that will be a huge detail in what, if anything more, ever comes of this story.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar