Growth of QB's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

One question...when VY took this team on his back last year and won eight of eleven games were you saying the same thing? Just asking. And why can't this team have at least good recievers, not great. Some of these guys may get to be top level wr's but they are not now. I am ok with letting them grow as it does for some reason take 2-3 years for recievers or so everyone seems to think.

2. Big TT

Roll of tp, being an ***** doesn't make ones own point any more legit. Just makes YOU an *****. We shall have to agree to disagree sir, and I do mean that with the sarcasm case on.:grrhee: Now go play with your peyton blowup doll like a good little boy.

3. Big TT

I do believe he had TO the year he went to the SB.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Almost all those guys had better 2nd years than Vince.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

was that McNabb's 2nd year? lol

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Little..TT changing his tune..

I see so youth isn't the problem it is the WRs. Sure.

Can't you understand a basic point? Soxcats mentioned mcnabb's second season and how it was a respectable 77 rating. Gloat happened to ask who those Wrs were. Mcnabb didn't have TO but for only one whole season in his career. His receivers early in his career were todd pinkston and james thrash.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

You know....you all can say whatever you want, cry about Young....blah blah blah...but it doesnt change the fact that he is not going any where and he is the best QB on our roster right now. I personally believe he will be a great one someday, and I am willing to wait. Sorry if he doesnt fit into your traditional QB mold. He is young and is struggling right now, but most QB's do. I am sure when other current good-great qb's were struggling they had crazy fans like you guys calling for their heads. Thats why Coaches get paid to make the line ups and not us.

But I believe you all know everything I just typed all ready. Go ahead and throw some more reasons why VY sucks and will never improve. I think most of us here that see the same folks over and over again griping about him are getting used to it. Even when he has a good game people whine. This week it is just extra bad because we lost.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

want some stats bama boy heres some stats

Manning thru his first 575 passes had a Passer rating of 71.2 and a W/L record of 3-13 .188 win %

V Young thru his first 549 passes has a Passer rating of 65.2 and a W/L record of 13-8 .619 win %

Mannings chucked 26 TDs and ran for 0 making 26 total TDs while throwing into coverage 28 times while amassing 3692 yards on 612 plays he controlled (passes+runs+sacks) for an average of 6.03 ypp

Young lasered 16 TDs and gallopped for 9 more making 25 total TDs while he allowed 23 picks while amassing 3872 yards on 726 playes he controlled (passes+runs+sacks) for an average of 5.33 ypp

going a little further a chunk of VYoungs rushes were from the victory formation or taking a knee to end a half of Fisherball lets just call it 16 plays dropping his true contolled plays down to 710 making his ypp 5.45

lets give Manning the benefit of doubt and assume he took a knee during each of those 3 wins (we all know he would have faked the knee and hit the weenie for a 7 yard curl to pad those stats but whatever) dropping his controlled plays down to 609 making his ypp 6.06

So Manning produced a whopping 0.61 ypp more than VY while playing behind into the teeth of prevent Ds while VY has been 90% as effective while managing a Fisherball ultra conservative winning offense.

I think VY comes off quite well here

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

GoT, you know bamaboy is gonna bend the stats to make his point. I have been here long enough to see that. Stats can be made to work in ANY favor you want them too. The one stat you cant change, and matters more than any is W-L.

What is VY W-L as a starter? Anyone?

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

13-8 .619 best I can tell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar