Gronk could have been a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Not just naw, but SUPERNAW!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You can have both. It's not an either/or situation at TE.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Well the patriots weren’t going to give us gronk for nothing. If Walker wasn’t a part of the deal, it would have been something I’m unwilling to pay.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im only assuming but if the Pats were shopping their own TE who they thought may leave in a year or 2 why would they want Walker? He himself is a year or 2 from walking away.

I know he said hed like to play 4 more years but that's wishful thinking at 34 years old.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It would be Jonnu Smith and draft picks....no thanks

6. JCBRAVE

That makes a little more sense than Gronk for Walker straight up

Pats are always looking to get out ahead of a situation. Swapping one TE near the end for another isn't the Patriot way.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm glad it didn't happen, Gronk has been great but his off field life/interests and injuries worry me. Also having Brady throw to you helps.
    I don't think he has many years left...having the success with the Pats would he want to come to a team, although rising, that hasn't proved its a contender yet?

8. JCBRAVE

I could easily see Gronk wanting to play in Nashville. The team is on the rise, and we're probably as close to what hes used to as anything now with JRob and Vrabel. Plus the addition of 4 former Pats hed know some guys. Nashville is a fun town, hes a funny clown. And Mariota loves throwing to TE's..

Its worth pointing out where he lands is ultimately up to Belichick, hes in charge of all that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

While I agree for the most part, he has been breaking down a bit, missing a game here and there. I think this new scheme will help though.

10. JBC

JBC Starter

Lafluer's style of offense is different than the one the Titans have been running the last few years. If you go by teams he's worked with in the past, he's not big on using two tight end sets often. If we already have a pro bowl tight end on the roster, is it really worth trading for another one if only one will be on the field for the majority of the game? Not much return for investment imo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar