Griffin to replace Lowry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DJB, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

I heard Plaster on the radio say Griffin is moving back to safety. Anyone else heard this?

2. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

YEah...in my dreams.....

I really hope so

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

WoW if Griffin is our starting safety in the next few weeks ill be one happy camper

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I have a buddy with a Griffin jersey that'll real happy if this pans out.:))

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The Griff jersey is 4 - 1 this year. :ha: (the Chris Brown jersey is 0 - 1 :suspect: ... what was I thinking)

Initially when I saw this on another forum I thought they were benching Harper and starting Griff at CB this Sunday. Glad to see Fish is moving him to safety (after all Adam Jones will be back eventually... I hope). Just from watching #33 on special teams it's apparent he's a playmaker, hope he gets some serious minutes on D really soon.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Wow... sure sounds like it's gonna happen. I generally like the fact that we haven't thrown our rookies into the fire in this year... starting them isn't a good way to make the playoffs. But it is hard when you've got a guy like Griffin who has really excelled. Actually I hope we don't really tag him as a S or a CB - if he can really handle both positions. Stick him out there, and we can switch defenses on a whim without changing personnel. Based on the look the offense gives, assign him as a S one play and the NB the next.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

good for Griffin, now lets hope he does ok playing safety..big difference between practice and a real game

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

do people actually believe griff will play S in actual games coming up?

i was under the impression that they are starting to work him at S in practice....and even then just in certain situational packages (like say, when we are up by 2 TD's and are just looking to play soft and prevent the big play deep)...

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The Titans are planning on being up by 2 TDs??

I have no idea what to expect - but after all the hell that Fisher went through having to defend their decision to convert Griffin to a corner, and after all the questions week after week about if he would possibly consider it... the fact that they've quietly been giving him any work at safety is pretty big news. If he were just going to be a situational DB, why wouldn't they keep him at corner in those cases? I don't see them starting him at safety against the Raiders, but if he's working there now he is going to be given the opportunity to win the job. 1st round picks don't sit on the bench for long. After all the post-draft talk we were all expecting that shot to be at corner. It's a pretty dramatic shift to say it's going to be at S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar