Griffin to be franchised!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanoiler, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's UT as well. Hate to break it to ya.

And with twice as many students, a nicer city, and better academics/athletics, Texas has the upper hand in "the real UT" argument.

I'm probably transferring to UT Knoxville in the fall, but I also put in an app for UT Austin. Would love to go there... They all worship VY there. That's the downside.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually if you want to be technical, it works.

We do all know- Finny would probably be better. We know that possibility is likely. Just as we can say "You know you probably wont win the lottery, right?" And you do know the odds aren't likely. You don't know you won't. But you do know you probably wont.
    Makes sense brother, but nice try.

lol @ "I trust this organization because they're my team".... my god.

just stop.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oy vey..

4. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

Still would like us to draft Barron at 20

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Boiling success down to black or white, 1 or 0, Super Bowl win or no Super Bowl win is a waste of time. You and I both know that it's not that simple.

I have a really hard time believing that anyone on this forum would have even an ounce of success as GM of the Titans, but I seem to be one of the only ones humble enough to admit I would probably fail.

It's fair to criticize the decisions of the FO, but calling them incompetent is hyperbolic and really doesn't add anything of value to the discussion. The Titans FO is not incompetent. Perhaps ineffective or misguided.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Sadly I'm not that familiar with the rules of franchising a player but couldn't we put a low tender on him, say one first round pick, so if another teams wants to sign him to an offer sheet they'd owe us a first rounder? Hell that way we could grab Barron and replace him right away. Honestly I'd rather start Barron as a rookie than Griff. I'd hate for Griffin's mangina to get bruised or get dirt in it again.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Given access to the tools that a GM has, I feel like I could be a bad to average General Manager. I feel the same about you.;)

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is certainly bad news for fans, but Michelle Griffin isn't worth these feelings you're showing. I'm pissed with this news too, but come one dude, it's Griffin. He's a scrub, a bum, a loser, a has-been. No one should feel anything about this man, he obviously doesn't feel for us or his teammates. He's just showing up to collect a check. He'll be gone soon enough and we can all sleep better after.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The Finnegan argument doesn’t hold water because we have CBs on the roster now that have played and shown they can compete. None of our safeties that played any descent amount of time last year are on the team now. We had nobody.

I’d like to see from someone who doesn’t like this move, what other legitimate option you would have explored that would be better? Barron isn’t falling to 20. And the Titans never get in bidding wars with other teams, especially on a position as thin as safety is this offseason in FA.

You guys might not like Griffin, but he was the lesser of all evils.

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar