Griffin to be franchised!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanoiler, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"horrid"? No.

And the only reason Finnegan struggled was due to playing a different side of the field and in zone.

What's Griffin's excuse for the past 3 seasons that he's sucked?

Is he magically going to grow a pair in the offseason and stop being afraid to run toward the ballcarrier? Doubt it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's a one year contract for the best option out there. Does that make it great? Absolutely not. "Best" option out there. I sure as hell would rather have Griffin knowing the system back there than some jack-leg like Reggie Nelson.

I could understand your disgust if it was a long term contract for Griffin but it isn't. It's just one year.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you suck, you shouldn't get another year for the fear that someone else might also suck if they take your spot.

Truth is- we all know Finnegan would probably be better at safety than Griffin is.

And that's not even a compliment to Finnegan.

Use the tag on someone that actually helps the team- not this coward.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Finnegan isn't going to play safety for 6 million dollars. And Griffin knowing the system is definitely a better value at 6 million than Reggie Nelson around 3 per year for multiple years (with guaranteed money).

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only real hope here is that Griffin becomes extra committed to having a great season so that he can get a mega deal somewhere else next year.

I'd rather us have tagged Finny, but I can understand this assuming we actually use the extra cap money (by tagging griff instead of finny) to get good players to improve the team. I doubt we will, but for now I'll remain optimistic.

6. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

"The Truth is- we all know Finny would PROBABLY be better than Griffin"
    This is one of those comments that makes no sense. You start off with "We all know" Then you throw "probably" in there.

Talk about covering your butt. I trust this organization. They are my team so I have to trust them. If they improve the DL then I believe it is quite obvious that the secondary will be more than adequate. The game is won or loss in the trenches. We all know this!

7. Alex1939

I gonna keep saying it.... if I'd been GM for the Titans their entire existence I guarantee I could produce as many superbowl wins.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i'm pretty sure that if any of us fickle fans were GMs for the titans we'd be trillions of dollars over the salary cap with players in the FA or on other teams that we're still paying

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Alex1939

And we would have the same number of superbowl wins so whatever.

I just hate the insinuation that we should all just rah rah every decision the front office makes and that everyone is too idiotic to have better ideas than what the front office does sometimes.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think we'd have our first contract draft picks and a bunch of guys off the street because the typically gotitaner assesses the typical NFL player at about half of their market value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar