Griffin to be franchised!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanoiler, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

MG, what a puss. It's as if the Titans are just trying to piss me off.:grrr:

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I am actually fine with this. Decent price.

Although I wasn't impressed with Griff last year it makes sense to bring him back in for that price. Who else are we gonna tag?

The other options for FS were.....

Go get Wells and Mario next week and we will be all set for the draft, can afford to draft a safety and Cornerback in the middle rounds, and go front Seven in the early rounds.

3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Barron is a Strong Safety.

Griffin is a Free Safety.

Tagging Griffin does not mean we are not in the market for Barron at #20. At all.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Meh. We're giving him a year to sink or swim. Sounds fine to me especially considering how there is ZERO at FS in the draft or FA to be honest.

But they better not long-term him before the season.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't love it, but it makes sense.

They have a need. He is one of the best options. They have minimal desire to commit to him long term at this point. If things are going well, I'm sure he'll be good. If things aren't, I'm sure he'll be terrible.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I still think that Finny would be a better FS than Griffin and I would be willing to pay him like a CB to have him on the field every down.

I hate the idea of paying an underachieving 1st rnder while letting your over-achiever go.

We will know in a few hours what the real deal is.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm just hoping with an improved pass rush we can get 2008 Michael Griffin back. Something happened these last couple of years, Griff got really soft and hesitate.

It doesn't surprise me that we tagged him, we literally have zero safties with starting exp on our team. Plus, besides Barron and maybe Harrison Smith no other draftable S should be starting Year 1.

Still meh with the signing, but doesnt surprise me.

8. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

If we had a decent DL then I think the Titans FO would have a better picture of what they're giving away when they let Finnegan walk.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I agree with ppl that this was our best bet and use of the tag. This makes Griffin have to play for a contract either with us or with some one else. And based on past history, that means he should be playing his heart out.

Finny walking leaves us with two decent CBs were as if Griff walks we need to hope we get equal or better replacement and with Babs not signed yet (although likely) that would be a very risky move.

Also like many of you have said: Improve our DL and our Secondary is that much better. The way the game is played today you really can't get much better in the secondary. I think an amazing DL goes a long way and so much more than an amazing secondary just because of the interruption to the QB.

This is exciting news either way because it is a decision and it marks the start of our path this off season. With Griff getting tagged how does this change you guys' out look?

I personally think we skip Barron this year and focus that need on next years draft.

FA:

DE
    OC
    CB (cheap)

Draft:

DE
    DL
    OC
    DE
    TE
    S
    OL

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kinda feel like sheet cause i know were not improving.

This must be an early April Fools joke. Because Griffin plays like a little girl. And whats this "theres no better options" talk? A tackling dummy would do a better job back there. At least it would hit back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar