Griffin on Gray’s challenge: Defense still has to play smart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans safety Michael Griffin has heard the message from his defensive coordinator, who wants his players to be more aggressive, and to not worry about potential fines from the NFL for big hits.

But Griffin said defenders are in a tough spot. If a chance for a big shot is there, he agrees, players need to take it, as defensive coordinator Jerry Gray suggested on Thursday.

“I’ve watched film, and said to myself: “OK, I could have taken a shot there,’’ Griffin said. “When the shot presents itself, yeah you take it. But that’s the problem — it’s not like every game a shot is there. If there is a fine, I am not worried about it. You think about it, but when you go to take the hit you have to do it right.”

On Thursday, Griffin counted a few plays in his head that might’ve provided an opportunity for a big hit. One was against Lions receiver Calvin Johnson in Week Three, but Griffin said he turned the opposite direction from him.

Griffin said he has to play smart.

“But still, when you take the shot you have to make sure it is legal. Of course the fans want to see it and they question you about it and everything else. But it’s kind of a no-win situation. You take a shot and get a 15-yard penalty, and it’s like “Way to take it, but you are a dumb (expletive) because you just got a 15-yard penalty.” And if you don’t take the shot, then you are a dumb (expletive) because you didn’t take the shot. So you are wrong either way.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well 'la Vagician' is a puzzy either way thats for sure

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Griffin, you woman! Stop thinking and go hit someone!!!!!!! This has been your whole entire problem you sissy b*tch.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

Then you go hunting you little girl, sh*t!

Stop sitting on your ass and go find the big hit.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anytime a safety says "not every game do you have a shot to take", he sucks at what he does.

Plain and simple.

So tired of this dude.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep every RB that makes it past the DL, which is virtually all of them, should be met with a shoulder to the stomach and driven back in the direction they came from.

every reciever that catches a pass between the hash marks needs too be knocked out.

gotta get rid of all those useless SWC guys, especially the puzzies from Texas, the Titan FO has boners for.

7. JCBRAVE

Haha, I just tweeted ol Griff, his profile pic is so perfect for him

[​IMG]

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

can't view pics at work..

is it a triangle bush?

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

And Finnegan is beasting this year.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Yeah I need to make a Finny related Haters gonna hate sig. Serves everyone here right goddamnet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar