Gregg Williams has been fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

There are some fans who say Gregg Williams would not do any better than Schwartzie here...I'm not one of them, but there are some.

I just wouldn't like to see GW in Jax...hey, here's an idea...let the Jags have Schwartz and we'll take Williams :yes:

I'm anxious to see what develops....:pop:

2. TitanPhoenix

TitanPhoenix Guest

It would be a dream to have both Williams and Ding back in the saddle here again, but its just doesn't seem to be in the stars, yet. If Williams comes here, it would be for only a short season or two, before he was pulled out by a HC job.

3. dontdraftcutler

The future head coaching position dilemna could be said for the Schwartzie too...I mean he keeps getting interviewed for head coaching positions and....oh, wait.

4. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I'll take that. For all the Schwartz supporters, I can't say that GW's stats will be better but I bet we see some TACKLING!!!!!

5. dontdraftcutler

:ha: That is good. They should take him...seriously. I'm concerned, however, that they found the fireschwartz.com site. I don't want them getting any ideas about NOT going after him....

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

In the three games Haynesworth missed in 2007:
    Total defense ranking: 28
    Total rushing defense ranking: 32
    Total points scored against ranking: 32
    Record: 0-3
    Granted, you don't expect your defense to play as well without its best player, but you shouldn't sink from top five to bottom five either. Frankly, IMO this tells me you give more credit to the FO that drafted Haynesworth than to who's running the defense.

:shocked:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I got excited my first time as well.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Really? Did you see how bad Randy Starks was? You don't have a guy you scheme the defense around and replace him with someone who barely does more than be a blocking sled. It impacted everything.

Does KVB suck? Tony Brown? Odom? LaBoy? Guess how many sacks they had in those three games? TWO. These four players combined for 30 sacks this season. 28 were in games AH played in.

Schwartz's fault? There was no pressure from the DL in those games. That means they couldn't win one-on-one matchups without AH in the lineup. Schwartz could blitz all day long but unless your front four can get pressure without blitzing, your defense will be exposed and the Titans were in those games.

It's a testament to Haynesworth and tells me our DL is average at best without him. Without that pressure, the DBs were torched. There is nothing any other DC in the league to do to overcome the loss of AH.

If AH hadn't gotten injured, the Titans may have ended the season in the top three if not higher. He's that much of a difference-maker and why he'll be a Titan in '08.

BTW, the Titans offense produced only 19.5 on average during that stretch. Schwartz's fault?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar