Gregg Williams has been fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

hahah if you've read the urban dictionary, i doubt you'd be using the term bonor. i know what you meant though.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what was that? I couldn't hear you. I had bonor in my ear! :ha:

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Wow...who woulda thunk it...? Offseason, Greg Williams is totally available for hire as our DC, yet it looks like we'll settle for another year of Schwartz. ANd quite a few Titans fans are just fine with that decision...

Imagine if this had been the case last offseason, when we were ranked #32. i wonder what would've happened....

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I want to say that Williams would have been flown in the next day, but Schwartz would probably have still been Fisher's guy

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

An update on things...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/28/AR2008012802636.html

I guess the Tennessean didn't know what they were talking about. Shefter also reported that the Titans are still interested in Williams, despite signing Schwartz to an extension.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I like Schwartz, but I'm still hopeful that we get Williams here. Jacksonville wouldn't make much sense. They are notorious cheapskates when it comes to coaches and players. Williams would probably demand the same money that Del Rio makes, or more. I heard a rumor that someone on the NFL Network reported that Williams already signed here in Tennessee. I didn't see it myself, but it's obviously false, though I can imagine talks are progressing anyway.

Hopefully, his next flight is to Nashville. We pretty much got Chow the same way. Jags needed an OC, scheduled a meeting, Chow checked them out, wanted more coin, and he came here. I know one thing; I would certainly hate to see him coach for a division rival.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Strange that we are talking to him. Why would he come here for a position less than being offered by Jacksonville et al.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If Williams came here, I'm not sure that we would keep Schwartz. Us signing Schwartz to an extension does, however, insure that we have a DC next season.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Boner. Boner!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar