Greg Olsen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i think we are find w/ troupe and scafie...i think they can be good...both of em....

but its true...trope really needs to step it up this season....really...i expect big things from taht guy...w/ all that speed, size, agility, jumpin ablility (seen more pics of that guy jumpin over other players than nyone else) and talent and quickenss...he needs to transalte it to production...im serious

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I didn't that's stupid VY and Scaife have good chemistry together and if Troupe steps up were fine for years to come.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Should have drafted him..

Another shockey? Yes or dallas clark or jason witten if you will. I think this guy is special and was the best player at 19. Troupe will be a rfa next season but after three years to we honestly expect miracles there? scaife will be a rfa in 09 i believe. Olsen could have given vince young a major target for the next 7-8 years. As good or better than wycheck..

The average nfl TE is good for about 30 catches and 270 yards receiving. A guy who can double those numbers or more is a major plus for an offense. We saw what wycheck meant for this offense and had the opportunity to get a comparable player or even better.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Troupe...

The TE position doesn't take 5 years to learn to play most guys become very productive by year 2. troupe has 3 years under his belt so why is year 4 any different?

Troupe is not a down field player. He rarely catches a pass more than 15 yards down the field this myth that he is some pseudo WR just isn't accurate. He'll make an 8 yard catch and turn it into a 22 yard play with his legs but for every play he looks like king kong there are 20 where he is nonexistent.

Troupe ran a 4.70 40 at the combine, olsen ran a 4.51. Difference?

To prove my point further note that only 8.9% of troupe's career receptions go for 20 yards or more. That's just average, scaife has a 9% ratio.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't see why speed is so important for a tight end. To me, a good blocking tight end is just as valuable (actually more so) than Jeremy Shockey. I guess it somewhat depends on the offense, but I prefer a tight end that runs 4.7 or 4.8 and can block and catch rather than someone like Olson.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

According to ESPN magazine it says "at 262 pounds, with 4.65 wheels" so im not sure where ur gettin that from...but that is troupe's current speed. also greg is @ 252...so thats the reason y he's a bit faster....

still though...Troupe needs to do something this yr....i really think he can be a star...i just dont c y it hasnt happened for him yet.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

my feet are freezing.

I agree with RollTide about Olsen. Not so much that the Titans should have taken a TE at 19, but that guy is gonna be an all-pro and soon.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think we had more pressing needs and we chose to address them. We also clearly were looking for character guys, and there are a few (very minor) knocks on Olsen's character.

That said, I fully expect us to go TE in the 1st or 2nd round next year, unless Troupe bust out in a BIG way. A go-to TE for Vince would be a very nice thing to have.

9. i still think that troupe can be a very very good TE he just has to really work this summer, and i think Scaife did a great job filling in, he was reliable

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you toronto..

hat said, I fully expect us to go TE in the 1st or 2nd round next year,
    ---------------------------

You made my point for me. You don't wait until desperate you simply draft good players with a forward looking perspective. If i had suggested before the 2003 draft that we draft jason witten or dallas clark you would have been one of those saying hell know we need a corner or wr so wait until next year. And yes we got that corner and wr and then the very next year drafted a waste in troupe. We draft witten instead calico that high 2nd rounder we spent on troupe could have been used for someone else.. Jason witten is having a hall of fame career..

What TE will be available for us next year? Which TE is better than olsen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar