Greg Olsen NFL analyst?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Olsen was on the fox pre game before the Bucs Packers game and offered some of his analysis. He praised the job Todd Bowles has done as Tampa DC and suggested he might be in demand as a head coach.

Greg you are aware that Bowles has been a head coach right? Now I'm about to get into an area here we certainly cannot discuss in depth due to the rules of Gotitans which I respect. Bowles was interviewed for the Eagles job but we have to assume that was for quota reasons right? I'm assuming that. It's a flaw in the system where a guy gets an interview knowing there is no way he will get the job.

Coaches who failed at a head job in the past have been given a 2nd chance and most of the time, most of the time, it was a mistake. In the case of Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll it worked.

Bowles is a great DC but he had plenty of chances with the Jets. Even after back to back 5-11 seasons they gave him another year and he went 4-12. It just seems to me that Greg Olsen was not even aware that Bowles already was a head coach. That irritates me greatly.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If I say that you deserve a vacation, does that mean that I think you've never been on vacation?

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Bowles will end up hc again sooner rather than later

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I liked him coming out of college

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

That’s nothing, I liked him coming out of Kindergarten.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I liked him coming outta the womb

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I guess the next logical step is that I put him in the womb.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

For the record I would have never hired Ed Orgeron to be the LSU head coach based on his horrible record(10-25) at Ole Miss.

I still think he is just a mediocre coach but it is not hard to deliver top 10 recruiting classes every year at LSU.

9. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Youd think he'd be all glued up considering how much time he's not been on playing field the past 3 4 years. Guys been a fantasy dumpster fire.

I'm all up for given HC another chance as long as they're is evidence of progression in coaching and changes. Hell it wasn't Bruce Arians 1st rodeo with a team and he just won his 1st SB as HC. Guys like 70 something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar