Green sounds unlikely for Texans vs. Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    An unexpected bye weekend doesn't seem to have done much for Ahman Green's ankle.
    On a conference call today, Gary Kubiak did not sound optimistic about Green's status for Sunday's game at Tennessee.
    "He's day to day right now," Kubiak said. "He did not practice yesterday, I don't think he'll practice today. So I think there still could be some time with him. You never know with an ankle. Sometimes they turn around real quick. So we keep our fingers crossed.
    "Is he important? Yeah he's very important to the football team. But we're preparing right now to go with these young backs, to go with [Steve] Slaton, to go with [Chris] Taylor, [Darius} Walker. We were in that mode last week before the situation occurred. We'll approach it the same way this week."
    The Titans have played very well against the run through two games, ranking as the league's best with a 60.5-yard average.
    This will be just the second game for the Texans cut-block heavy run scheme, which could prove cause for fireworks.
    Asked about the concept in the preseason, Albert Haynesworth was wary.
    "They always talk about us being dirty, maybe they need to look at that, trying to hurt people and stuff, he said. "If they aren't man enough to stay up, shoot they shouldn't be in the league then. The coach either."
    The Titans other starting defensive tackle, Tony Brown, concurred:
    "I dislike it. I feel like that's the offensive lineman's cheap way out of it. We're all out there trying to fight and compete. If you want to be a man about it, try to block someone one-on-one, don't cut him... We're not going to like it, but at the same time that's what they are being coached to do. So we know they are not trying to be personal about it. That's their scheme. It's up to us as a defensive line to keep them from doing us like that. What you want to do is make sure you get your hands on them as much as you can, because if you come off the ball and don't have any hands, they're going to go at your feet quicker than you imagine. One mistake from you, you know you're going to be down, and there goes the ball cut into your gap."

More...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

he sucks anyways.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

That's bad news for us, Slayton is much better than green and we know how we struggle against back up running backs and QB's.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Slayton aint shhh. Hell, I wouldnt be worried about him if it were a college game.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Sounds like a little built up NCAA animosity you've got there, eh Gloat? Really though, the Texans have exactly three players I'm worried about, Mario Williams, DeMico Ryan and Andre Johnson. If our D line can play the way they played against Jax in week 1 then I think AJ is out of the picture because Schaubb is gonna be layin on his back before AJ can get 30 yards down field....once again this is another game where our run-first offense and stellar D will probably win an easy one for us...3-0 baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar