Greedy or Grown Up?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Coincidence?

I went over to pro football reference .com and did a quick study of some of the better DTs over the last decade or so. I started with the players 3rd season and took all years up to the end of their so called prime. The number is the average scoring defense ranking of the teams they played for..

Ted washington 93-2005 9

Sam adams 96-2005 8

Warren sapp.. 1997-2003 4.2

Casey hampton 20002-2006..8

John henderson-marcus stroud..2002-2006 9(jags currently 2nd in the nfl in scoring defense for 07)

Kris jenkins 2002, 2003, 2006...8

Maybe a coincidence and certainly not scientific but the anecdotal evidence suggests all these guys seemed to make every defense they played on better.

2. bzdell917

bzdell917 Guest

I say all the time that if u have a good offensive line and defensive line then ur team will have a good season... thats why we r haveing such a good year so far

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

i think its got a lot to do with having kvb switching to re meaning he isn't gonna be facing so many double teams. 4 players blocking 2 on the same side of the line just dont work.they gotta pick there poison so one of them going to be getting free on most plays!:thumb:

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

.08-26-2007, 12:39 PM

I know it's only week three BUT we are already 2nd in the league on run defense. (I might ad against two very good running teams, colts-jags) No serious injuries so far. If our secondary can improve just a bit, our D could very well end up top 4 or 5. It's looking good.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

By the way i don't like the caption to that story. Wanting to work harder for greater financial benefit is not greedy. It's responsible. He's taking care of his family and helping his team win football games.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

People call it greed because they romanticize the idea of playing for the team or just for the love of the game. A guy will play better for many reasons; it's silly to think there's only one frame of mind a person finds his motivation.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Big Al is going to want to see the money after this year. He was quoted as saying that he's already talked to the wifey, and they wouldn't mind moving so that Al could play for teams like Indy, Atlanta or Carolina because of the proximity to Tennessee. He also said that he knows the Titans have the cap room, so look out!

I think the reason why Big Al is doing so well is due to a lot of things. Maturing? Probably, experience? yes, Trying to ease the damage as much as possible from the "cleat to the head" incident? yes, Contract year? Heck yeah.

Big Al is going to get paid very well next year, I just hope he's still wearing a Titan's jersey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar