Great Ramses Barden Article

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

From NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f5d28e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Said a while back this guy could work his way into 2nd round, even late first-round consideration.

You know...I just might be tempted. Round two wasn't really a question for me. But I think for one, a lot of us love Hakeem Nicks for his blocking ability and willingness to just bowl defenders over. If there was someone better at blocking than Nicks, would anyone of us be interested? Well, yeah, a blocking WR -- ain't that what we get crappy TEs for? someone (I) will say. But it's the TD production that has my attention. Fifty TDs, and a TD catch one out of every 4 grabs. Sick, regardless of the competition level. The guy is 6'6" and supposedly runs incredible fade routes. In-croy-i-ble! Zut alors! (SNL)

I love bowling people over. I love circus catches. I love runs after the catch. But I love touchdown catches more than any of them. We need that baaaad.

Okay, okay. Listen. I'm thinking, eh, we did get the fast guy already in Nate Washington. Another would be great. But, um, what about a guy that can just plain catch? Like, good. You know? Isn't that why some of us like Britt as well? We're like "just give us the big guy who can catch." And we know the fastest guys are gonna go before 30. If one falls, great, but there's no need to stick man (and lady) twats on the stump to get smashed (feelings) when that person isn't there. Is there? I think we were really blessed to get Chris Johnson last year. Bunch a teams said "shmeh" and for once the Titans put it all together -- not just the athleticism and the promise -- but the total package. Stars aligned at 24.

I'm not saying "do all that" again or whatever. I'm just saying, let's hang the crap about "small school competition" and whatnot on the coat rack. Like FOR-EVER. Because while it should always be considered, measured, weighed, scrutinized, it should almost be summarily dismissed if what certain things you're hearing and seeing all agree and add up. Hasn't this team and franchise had enough memorable players/stars/legends who've emerged from absolutely nowhere to not only play, but excel? I mean, I could name, Jason Jones (whatev), Finnegan (ok), but when you get to drafting a number three quarterback overall who went to Alcorn State...? C'mon.

So I'm saying if the Titans like a DT named Jarron Gilbert, a LB named Frantz Joseph, a whatever-he's-gonna-be like Connor Barwin, a true who-dat like William Hayes, or a WR like Barden, anywhere in the draft, even if it's higher than we expect, I'm probably going to be okay with it. At some point, hopefully in the offseason.

But, I just wanted to share this article with you guys. Sorry for the rant.

This has been sponsored by the Committee to Draft Ramses Barden for the Tennessee Titans on Day One...If He's Legit.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Also from NFL.com

"Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo was originally scheduled to run its pro day earlier this week, but decided to move it back and combine it with San Jose State’s pro day on Friday.

The headliner for Cal Poly was WR Ramses Barden. The lanky wideout (6-6 1/4, 227 pounds) ran the 40 in 4.51 and 4.55 seconds and had a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and a 7.10 three-cone drill.

Barden caught the ball very well, with his college quarterback Jonathan Dally throwing passes to him."

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

reminds me of vincent jackson.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There is only one Great Ramses..

[​IMG]

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I would love Braden on the team if we don't go WR in round 1. Speed in receivers is overrated. Take a look at all these "fast" receivers and tell me where they are now: http://sea.scout.com/2/731238.html

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

DJ Moore
    Jarron Gilbert
    Louis Murphy

Gilbert is super athletic. Sleeper at the DL position.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thought I read DJ Moore ran another poor 40 at his pro day. He might be a 2nd round guy now.

I'd be willing to go:

Jarron Gilbert (saw mocks that had Steelers take him at 32, then one that had us)
    Ramses Barden
    Asher Allen

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think we can do better at Wr in the 2nd rd. Britt or nicks might fall that far and you have murphy with lots of speed and still good size. Robiskie and iglesias would also be better with that pick.

I wouldn't take a chance on barden until rd 3.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Barden in the 2nd I would love after we took Darius Butler round 1.

And guy above me no way Nicks or Britt fall even close to our second round pick. And I hate Louis Murphy.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree. I saw a recent mock that had both falling to the deep second, but I think that mocker is out of touch. I mean, if either is there when we pick, I can see them making it to the second round, but not that far into it.

And Barden in the third? Maaaybe he lasts that far, but not to our pick. I think this guy's going to be good. I could argue Barden is as good as Nick or Britts and the only thing anyone would have to say contrary would be his level of competition.

Also, as I consider it, we have Nate Washington, so that eliminates the immediate need for a speedy wide receiver. The Titans can focus on just getting the best guy who can catch the ball. We know the team isn't afraid to look at the off-the-radar schools.

All I care about Barden is he makes a ton of catches, takes over and dominates games, and puts up more TDs than the other receivers.

Lemme put it another way for some. Anyone who wanted James Hardy with our first or second pick last year should look hard at Barden. He's probably better and has no character issues from what I know.

Butler/Barden would be an awesome day one. Butler, unfortunately for us, may have moved into the third or second CB spot, behind Vontae Davis and Malcolm Jenkins. I still have hopes we could get Alphonso Smith, but I'm losing hope for Butler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar