Great modern coaching philosophies!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Then say that then. that's not what i'm reading i'm reading that the game passed him by and that he is too conservative. I have no problem with your analysis at all but that is not what everybody is saying. they are attacking his basic philosophy.

And since when do you all speak for each other? Did you escape from the same asylum?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Coach A is Rex Ryan.

Coach B is John Harbaugh.

Coach C is Sean Payton.

Coach D is Bill Cowher, 2 straight seasons 1st in rushing attempts and 32nd in pass attempts 15-1 followed by a super bowl win.

Coach E is Nick Saben.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hmmmmm...... just stew on that for a minute or two.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Uh Rex Ryan had a rookie quarterback and you blame him for running the ball with Thomas Jones? Makes sense.

Again, Harbough, started with a rookie quarterback.

Sean Payton won the superbowl with Drew Brees, not Reggie Bush.

Bill Cowher? ..going a way back there huh?

Saban has a heisman running back..do they run him up the middle 30 times a game? I think they even throw SCREENS to him right? ...

Thread destroyed.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

nuh-uh!

6. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

anyone catch the story on 104.5 yesterday afternoon. one of the guys on there broke down cj's career so far into quarters... each quarter season (1/4s not as in a game quarter) his number of careers per game increased and his ypc has gone down along with his game average. we have steadily increased his workload and he's gotten worse and worse...
    some of his best production was when he was in the 15-18 carries a game average....

now i havent double checked these figures, just goin off what they said on the radio... ( dont want the stat god to crucify me if something is incorrect here)

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A Rex Ryan
    B Harbaugh?
    C Sean Payton
    D Lombardi? 27?
    E Pete Carroll (definitely an out of touch moron even if not coach E here).

8. amy

amy Starter

Lovey Smith has nothing BUT a passing game. You saw what happened the other night. The point is that a team NEEDS a balanced attack so that if one breaks down for whatever reason, the other can get the job done. In addition to a balanced attack, a team also needs balanced, innovative play calling so that the opposition doesn't know what the team is going to do before the team does. At this point in the season, I don't think we have any of that. jmo

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I don't agree but he does have a point.

Also you guys wait for someone to make a comment like Is FISHERs Fault or its not __A___ s player fault and all you jump to the same conclusions.Just because lots of People agree with you does not mean your right.

10. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Who here has a problem with being a run-first team?? We're built upon that philosophy! I don't think anyone here would be a Titans fan if we hated running the ball.

The difference between us and the teams you mentioned is that they were having success with the run. We are having little to no succes running the ball.

I for one still want us to be a run first team. I just want us to mix up the way we run and the downs we run on.

If our line was playing better, I think they'd be making up for the simple play calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar