Great Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cold hard steel, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Well change the GD channel then. :irked:

Sudden death sucks. It's not the worst rule the NFL has but it's close.
    I'd rather see the team win out of talent, skill and endurance than a :grrr::grrr::grrr:in coin toss.

2. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

I hope we do as well. Two pretty good teams played a great game.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I can't see the NFL going to a college-style overtime.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Never happen. It doesn't even work well in college because teams don't have to do squat to get into field goal range. Until they start the teams on the 50 then NCAA OT rules will continue to be ridiculous.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The coin toss system is flawed though. Their only rebuttal for it is "Well, your defense has to stand up".
    Ok... but what if you're an offensive team that's built on scoring and you've been having your way with this team all game? Now it's up to your shallow defense to win the game for you?
    That doesn't work.

Teams like the Saints, Colts, etc get screwed in those OTs. Especially considering how tired your defense is in the 4th quarter. Just isn't right.
    I know they'll never change the format, but college's system is more fair- and by far more exciting.

In the NFL you can go ahead and turn the channel once the coin toss is over.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I don't mind sudden death OT, I would just like to see it changed so that you have to score a TD no field goals.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

The only modification I'd make to that rule is to make sure each team gets at least one possession in OT. If you can't score after your first possession then it becomes a "first to score wins scenario."

8. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

I really like that idea.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

yeah, Ive thought the same. Or even just 1 possession a piece. If you don't score, then let it go to sudden death.

THEN... Go to a shootout! 1 runningback vs 1 linebacker starting from the 10 yard line to see if that receiver can score.

haha that'd be awesome.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I just feel like the current OT doesn't prove enough as to who's better. It's not hard to play for a field goal, playing for a TD, now there's the hard part. I've always thought that and just to be fair to Steeler fans, I had front row seats to a Jackets/Penguins game and the Jackets won in a shootout. The win was great but I would have rather won fair and square.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar