Grade the Titans Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2008.

?
  1. A+ to B+

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. B

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. B-

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C+

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. C

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. C-

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. D+

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  8. D

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. D-

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  10. F

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would have been totally wrong too, and I'm not happy with the #1 either.

Kind of surprised that no one took the bet though. Usually someone will get in on those things. More beer for you!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

who in the world chose "A-C"??? lmao I went with D+, being optimistic and nice.

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

4. Yep, good defense of our picks there.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I look at the players, statistically and on film. And I look at the state of the team and what the team needed to address personnel wise. I give them a grade of D+ based on this. We have to realize that a guy like Chris Johnson or Lavelle Hawkins could greatly turn this grade around, and depending on what depth some of these guys bring, we could call this a B draft by the end of the year. We really just have to wait and see for now

Based on Johnson and Hawkins themselves, I love what we are going to see, but we still lack power at Wr and have no real quality depth at DE. We took two in the draft, but one wasnt expected to even be drafted.

The O-Line is solid, and our running game should look even better with Johnson next to White. As I said, the Wr corps will need to be worked on during camp, I expect Hawkins to be our Redzone threat to be honest, he is willing to run inside and with his size and strength can take a body. R Williams and Gage will have to be our perimeter and deep threat guys. I expect to see Jones not get alot of love. Mcariens will be our best deep threat, most likely in the slot. Our new TE will also be a key redzone threat, great blocking, size, and a decent pair of hands, I think we will look to play fake often to pass to the TE or slot reciever (Mcariens/Hawkins). Hopefully this will give us more TDs than FGs

Looking at the D line we should have a potent starting 4, but when they need a rest, it doesnt look well for us. Lbs are set for the most part, I expect Tulloch to take MLB at camp. Dbs with Finneganand Harper coming back there is no real glaring problem, Safties Griffin is great, but with Hope having a neck injury and getting up in age, I would have liked to see us sign UDFA Marcus Griffin, Michaels brother, while Marcus isnt as hard or strong as Michael, I hear he is faster and I believe some great chemistry could be made back there if Marcus was given a chance in pre season reps

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

who voted F? it wasn't THAT bad

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To anyone that voted A+ to B+.....

pass the doobie to the lefthand side.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure how anyone can't give the Titans a decent grade i this draft. The more I think about it the better it looks.

I think part of the issue is the disagreement on where some of the picks were taken. This will help.

Chris Johnson is the first round pick. Is that a real bad thing? I guess we could have drafted one of the WRs no other team deemed worthy of a 1st round selection (IMO that would be very stupid).
    But then imagine we took Hawkins with our second rounder (just imagine) and Fisher justified the pick by saying the organization had him as one of the top WRs in the draft, he had a great Senior Bowl week and expects him to have as good or better career than those Wrs picked ahead of him.

Now imaginie taking Jason Jones in the 3rd and the TE in the 4th.

Does that make the draft look better. Same players.

You guys do understand that we did get a WR who could be as good as anyone in this draft. That is a fact. The TE we got was the BEST blocking TE in the draft. That is critical in the red zone and the guy is also a 4.6 guy who can catch. We did bolster our DL didn't we? Jason Jones is a real nice replacment for Odom. Hayes is a speed rusher (Laboy?). We got a LB in the 4th who they project could be a starter down the road but for now has the althletic ability to be a demon on STs. Is that a bad thing?

We did OK IMO.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's a fact he COULD be as good as any WR taken. Not a very bold statement.

He COULD not make the team this fall.

I know I was really concerned about that blocking TE we need so bad. :rolleyes:

Especially before a starting WR or a solid backup CB.

Interesting thing is... if Jason Jones does ok/below average and then has a breakout year... we definately won't re-sign him just like Odom. I mean, draft a guy, have him in our system in years, he finally breaks out and looks dominant... and...

well, we'll just let him walk.

I sure hope this guy can step in and be equal to Odom of last year. If not our D-line takes a step backwards.

Lousy, imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar