Grade the Titans 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 2, 2015.

?

Grade the Titans 2015 NFL Draft

Poll closed May 16, 2015.
  1. A+

6.3%
  2. A

9.4%
  3. A-

19.5%
  4. B+

30.5%
  5. B

15.6%
  6. B-

4.7%
  7. C+

4.7%
  8. C

3.1%
  9. C-

1.6%
  10. D+

0.8%
  11. D

0.8%
  12. D-

0.8%
  13. F

2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

Pretty happy with this draft other than the DT from Auburn, Blackson. Just feel like there was better prospects on the board at the time.

OT Poutasi seems like a reach, but he looks good on tape. I heard some one say during the draft, "If he helps your team it doesn't matter where you took him. If he helps you wins it wasn't a reach." I guess we will see.

Going into this draft it was so deep I thought you could get starters in rounds 1-4 so I guess we will see how they turn out.

Although he is a risk I love the DGB pick in the 2nd. Trading back & still getting him just made it that much better. If he can keep his nose clean, he has the skills to be great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I agree with this. I don't see the WR moves being an indication they are giving up on Hunter already. Competition is a good thing. He's got to step it up for sure, but you don't throw away a WR you traded up for after 2 seasons on very bad teams. It's hard for anyone to progress with the mess this team has been with the QB,OL, running game etc.. etc..etc.. the last few years.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I give us a C+ and I still do not like the fowler pick, it is a fullback in the fourth round. We could have had Eli Harold in the third round instead of Poutassi. To me we could have had our third and fourth round picks in the 5th 6th 7th or UFA. Did like cobb and the Mcbride pick. I have a hard time believing that the auburn DT and the Louisville LB could not start on their teams, and yet we draft them!

4. kenny

kenny Starter

I was not crazy about taking a FB in the 4th round. I do see what they are thinking in a way. When this team was at it's best we had Hall at FB. He was a threat in every part of the game. He was a great lead blocker, could run for tough yards; and was an under rated pass catcher out of the back field. Fowler seems to fit that mold as well; especially in the red zone. He actually caught more TD passes in his JR year than Amari Cooper did.

Titans bank on Jalston Fowler's versatility

Although I still think we could have gotten him later, I will be fine with the pick in the 4th if he can give us a few TDs in the red zone this year!! I know it will not be as easy to score those TDs in the NFL. However, having MM, Cobb, DGB, Wright, and Fowler as targets close to the goal line seems like a pretty good pass catching/run threat combo.

5. Rudad

Rudad Starter

And you put in the draft pick potassium with warmack and fowler the FB, should be able to open holes on that side.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The key to the whole thing is coaching.

If whiz and Co approach this the right way, I like our odds.

1. Mariota. He's got to find a way to cater to his strengths. I'm not talking running a spread option or something, but some stuff that he's comfortable with. Bootleg, bubble screens, etc.

2. DGB. He is not going to be a complete receiver anytime in the next year or more. No, you need to teach DGB a few things until he does them perfectly. Then add more. Id start with the fade route, post route, go route, and slant. He should be able to master those, and thereby contribute, quickly.

3. Run game. This line absolutely has to step up. If the line performs to potential, we could see a good season. If they play like they did last year, we'll be picking top ten again.

We need Sankey and cobb and fowler to successfully move the chains to help MM out.

4. Gadgets. Whiz has made a point of signing "versitile" gadget players, like mccluuster and fowler.

We didn't see much with dexter last year. Id like to see some creative use of these players this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't really see this draft class as that exciting. No more than any other.

Mariota and DGB.... outside of that it doesn't look like "going exciting" was their route.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar