Grade the 2019 NFL Draft for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2019.

?
  1. A+

10.9%
  2. A

32.7%
  3. A-

19.1%
  4. B+

26.4%
  5. B

6.4%
  6. B-

0.9%
  7. C+

0.9%
  8. C

1.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Very generous on Davis and Hooker

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Davis, sure. Hooker may not be a pro bowler , but the fact that he plays in TN and will be moving around a lot will have more to do with that than his quality as a player.

3. MR.Cobra

MR.Cobra Starter

At first glance Hooker looked like he could fill in for Logan Ryan at slot if he is inured again or when he is a free agent. But also looks better than Kendrick Lewis at safty.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Solid C.

Obviously this can be much better if that first round pick becomes something other than another name on IR.

Rd 2... solid Wr. Big need for Mary or for the qb who replaces him.

Rd3.... guard... whatever. Yea it’s needed. Needed edge help way more than OL tho. But I guess when you have Mary at qb.... you can’t let him get touched without fear of him falling apart.

Year out for that first round “top 5! Talent” (he’s a 10-15 talent at best imo)

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have Leshawn Sims to fill in at nickel if needed

Very underrated CB

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Aren't you a bundle of joy! Haha

In shoutbox during rd3 you were saying how good edge guys arent found that late in the draft. Now you're saying we needed edge instead of a guard.

Can't win!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea. But it was also about trolling sb

8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

So I've seen a lot of people mention the Hooker pick being a bit of a head scratcher. Personally I don't know a ton about the guy but from all the reviews I read of him and highlights, he excels at pass coverage and is very physical. If we are being honest about the Titans problems last year allbeit a good defense, we got rolled repeatedly with seem passes up the middle to elite pass catching TEs. We tried Brown and KB and neither was able to consistently limit the impact of the TEs. So ultimately I think this pick was more of a reflection of that than anything else. Hence, if he truly does excel the way the scouts are saying in coverage and physicality, having him in that big Nickle package may be one of the best moves the team made (imaging KB, Vaccaro, and Hooker all on the field at the same time?). If the Titans can keep their already extremely good Safety tandem back and add another fast, physical body, capable of limiting TEs across the middle that makes the defense even better.

So I personally think this was definitely a position of need because we do not have another person on the team to fill that roll. Our other needs were just more publicized lol.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wasn’t that the point behind drafting WonderBread(Cruikshank).

10. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Honestly don't know. I always thought the team looked at him as a special teamer and not a main contributor to the defense. If they did think he could feel that roll of TE matchup, then this may be an admission that Cruikshank probably isnt that guy. In saying that, wasn't Cruikshank hurt some last year? I don't think he was given the opportunity to match up against the bigger athletic TEs.

In any case, if Hooker > Cruikshank, then the drop off at Safety may not be as bad when Vacarro goes down. I obviously hope he doesn't get hurt though because he was a bright spot on the Titans last year, but Vacarro is injury prone due to his physical style of play. So maybe it's just to cover that. The drop off from KB and KV to next man up was crazy last year lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar