Grade the 2013 Titans draft (very early edition)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Apr 27, 2013.

?

Grade the Titans Draft

Poll closed May 4, 2013.
  1. A

39.5%
  2. B

52.6%
  3. C

6.6%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I wake up every morning in a bed that’s too small, drive my daughter to a school that’s too expensive and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little. But on draft day? Well, I like draft day this year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

i feel it was ok but that we reached on the corner and lost the rhythm of the draft after that. I give it a B- because of Chance, Hunter and i like the LB a little. We really had a chance to get what i feel was a decent DE and messed up (no knock on the LSU kid).

3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

it sucks!

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think it's dumb to grade a draft class before they've even stepped on the practice field. But that doesn't stop me from doing it every year anyway. :D

I'd give it a B. Clearly I didn't agree with every single pick but overall I really like the guys we ended up with. My main complaint is I think we waited too long to address DE. We have zero quality depth there. Not to mention our starters aren't anything special to begin with. Hopefully Edwards outperforms his draft spot.

I'm also not sure we had to trade up that far for Justin Hunter. But that's pure speculation. All in all, my complaints are minor. I think we're obviously a much more talented team than we were on Wednesday and I'm ready to see what kind of noise we can make in 2013. I'm way more excited about this season than I thought I would be. I figured it'd be just another year of Munchak mediocrity. But we've had an excellent offseason and I think we have a real chance to do something. If not, at least they swung for the fences. I respect that. Just wish they would've done it a year sooner.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Kiper gave us a B+ just like I did.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Really liked the draft. Got worried about DE but like the pick. I firmly believe better offense makes better defense. Two things I want to expand on that most people have been complaining about.

I've seen multiple reports stating that Hunter would not have lasted to our pick. Detroit and one other team were targeting him a few spots ahead of 40 so it was needed, a lot of Tennessee FO wanted to trade back into the first to get him, glad we waited. He will stretch the field great with Britt and move Wright back inside where I think he is best. Our offense could be deadly next yr with Locker progresses enough. He has no more excuses.

Second, I agree with most everyone on here that I wish we went dIine a bit earlier, but from reports from the titans front office, I'm not surprised either. We will only keep 9 dlineman. We have Morgan, wimbley, pitatoi, Casey, hill, Martin, klug. The coaches are in love with Keyunta Dawson. He did look great early on before he got hurt. That's 8. Hopefully the LSU guy will be great coming out of the shadow. They also said the DE didn't fall like they thought. Guess we liked Moore and Okafor more than they did. Think we will be much improved. Think Hill is underrated for us next yr. Ayers will be at DE more as well, that'll certainly help. I like the unit the more I think about it.

Overall B+, our o will help the d, we got a lot faster across the board. Seems as if the d and oline got a bit nastier as well, something we have been missing since the Tennessee Tyrants. Miss those days. Maybe Williams can bring it back. Only ? Is how they will use Gooden, guess he is in when Ayers goes to DE maybe?

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

who wants to see my schwenke?

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He does :biglaugh:

sw.jpeg

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

The hair has to go....

10. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Like some have said it was a good draft for the Titans potentially. Warmack/Schenke will hopefully anchor the line for years to come, and apparently the team saw something they liked about Hunter. I'm pretty interested in how Lavar Edwars will play, Les Miles was talking the kid up before we picked him, saying he would be a very solid pro and wouldn't be suprised if he had more sacks than the other two DE drafted before him. He made much better progress in the time he played. Bring him in slowly with a rotation will help him learn and grow. I don't see much in our DB picks, but they do provide some kind of depth.

Thing is we drafted to fill holes, but that means rookies have to be able to play well enough to be on the field or else we're in trouble and still have those holes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar