goTitans.com Update Thread v2

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Doing some testing today on an updated style. Lots of adjustments in the works. Once we have everything set, I'll open this thread so that anyone running into problems can post them.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. TitanJeff

Just to catch everyone up on the why behind the changes…

It had been a few years since we updated the forum software. When we were hacked a few weeks back, reinstalling a backup of the forum broke quite a few things like Shoutbox, Post Ratings and more.

The only solution was to update the software which has happened. When you update the forum software, the old style no longer works properly so we had to update that too.

The goal of this style is to match the old one as close as possible. We’ll continue to tweak over time.

We are also working on a dark style which we’ll add at some point. Everyone will have the opportunity to choose between the two. Both will work on either a desktop or mobile device.

If you are experiencing a problem, post it here. Be sure to leave your platform and browser. A screen shot also helps.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I suspect the delay in making me a mod is because of all this.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

One thing I've noticed on the mobile site is replying to posts take a few extra steps now

I used to see a notification and could click it and be right at the response. Now I seem to have to click a few places to get there

5. TitanJeff

Explain. I can go down to the bottom of a thread and the reply is auto there or clicking on the reply button on a post does the same.

6. TitanJeff

A few new things to notice on the desktop version…

When you scroll down the page, the menu sticks to the top of the page so you don’t have to scroll back to the top to go to another area of the forum.

You can shrink any forum area you want by clicking the line on the right side of the category bar. The same works with the sticky threads.

Once in a thread, you will see a set of numbers with arrows on the top menu bar to the right. You can click the down arrow to go to the next post instead of scrolling. When at the bottom post of a page, clicking it will take you to the next page of the thread.

Clickable tags can be added to a thread which are searchable.

Mods can now ban someone from a thread instead of banning them from the entire forum.

More to come…

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The grey text in the notifications can be difficult to read, it blends with the background. Also, the notification indicator (number of notifications) blends in with the light blue (I don't have a picture of that, yet)
    [​IMG]

8. TitanJeff

Like the title in the example you posted?

I’m going to have to adjust stuff like that to help us old dudes. :tj:

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Some people were claiming that SB in chrome works now, but I'm still having issues on Windows 10.

upload_2018-1-29_5-26-13.png

10. TitanJeff

Yeah. Vondy and others are still having issues in Chrome too. I don’t understand it as others are seeing it fine in Chrome.

Have you turned off all your Chrome extensions, cleared the cache and deleted cookies for this site?

I hope to hear from the author of the chat to see if he has any suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar