GoT Finale Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeronimoJackson, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Created a separate thread to avoid spoilers for those who aren’t caught up.

Don’t see how anyone can be satisfied with that ending. Just when you thought season 8 couldn’t get any worse, they top it with that god awful finale. I forgave a lot of dumb sh*t in season 7 because well, I’m like an abused lover that loves that show. But season 8 was unforgivable. What was the point of Bran and Aegon Targaryen again? They did nothing for the plot.

2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Lol what was the point of 90% of the show? Pretty bad way to wrap it up.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You kinda got how the series was gonna end by the end of the battle of the white walkers....

4. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Read the books if youre going to complain. Everything you are missing the last two seasons are in there or will be when the remaining books come out.

They decided not to prolong it and rushed it a little vs making this thing run on forever and watering it down. I wouldve preferred the latter but ill deal w it.

We have spin offs and tons of other material to look forward too. Thrones lives on.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I agree, like I said in the Tv show thread no it wasn’t the greatest last season, but I’m okay with how they ended it.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Lets be honest, by about Season 5 or 6, the plot was out the window and it was all about who gets an arrow in their head or their throat slit next lol.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

what exactly was bad about it? the death was not entirely shocking, kind of predictable - it was just a matter of who would be responsible. as for the rest, again nothing overly surprising.. Arya's ending was kind of meh, and I would've liked to have seen more Drogon.. but overall it was a decent/good ending.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

GoT is a smart guy

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

DROGON THE DRAGON LOLOL

And y’all still watched this show! LOLOL

DROGON

WTF LOLOL

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The deaths were just for the sake of deaths and contributed nothing to the story. Take Varys. The Master of Whispers and most cunning man in Westeros suddenly goes full retard just so he can be killed off since the writers didn’t know what to do with him anymore. It was not a decent ending at all, Bran’s powers and Jon being a Targaryen ended up doing absolutely nothing. The battle for Winterfell and King’s Landing was resolved in 2 episodes when it should have been two seasons. Dany going full Mad King and against everything she stood for in 20 minutes because Jon didn’t want that booty anymore. Face it, this season and ending was straight up garbage. The once brilliant dialogue suddenly started relying on one liners from The Avengers.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar