Got EG's autograph....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

So my stepdad is at a restaurant in Nashville and he walks by EG. He stops, turns around, and asks the obvious....."Are you Eddie George"? :ha: EG says "That's me".

They chit chat for a minute, seems like a cool guy. Stepdad tells him where he works for some reason (he likes to talk), and EG knows exactly where it is in our town (Jackson, about 2 hrs from Nashville). So he gets two autographs, both on lunch menus for this restaurant :ha:

I tell a co-worker about it, and he has an EG story. His son was at the airport and was sitting next to EG. They strike up a conversation and talk about football. EG asks the young man if he likes the sport, and the guy says "yeah, I played in high school". They talk about it for awhile and part ways.

EG never said who he was or that he played in the NFL. The kid didn't know who he was until his father told him.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

eddie's a great guy. i ran into him at my friends bar in nashville while i was visiting a few months back, he was nice enough to sign a napkin for me.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

man i wish i could meet him Vy and LT, theyre my heroes, no doubt

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I like both those experiences but that last one sounds really cool. EG sounds very down to earth.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Unless you're an extremely stupid B like Paris Hilton, I would imagine most of those guys are down-to-earth, or at least get there soon. Fame can be really intrusive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar