Goodell is as much to blame for the bounty scandal as anyone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

No, it's not. It's a team trying to win.....not an individual.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

lol this is awesome. I made Erick ignore me.

3. amy

amy Starter

Rather like the Pentagon teaching soldiers to kill, then put them on the front line for four years, then punish them when they kill the wrong people.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Stupid people shouldn't post.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

That's it. Time to release the hound!

[​IMG]

6. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I don't agree with you on most of this, but Goodell should have been fired a while ago. If you want to improve player safety clean up the officiating in the League. Things like leting the Ravens injure CJ after the play was over then hitting us with a penalty and the body slam on VY after the play not drawing a flag send a bad messege and things will get out of hand unless you do this first

7. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

So you are saying it is Goodell's fault because he enforces the rules. And the poor players are in dire needs to make money because of the fines, so the team offers a bounty for injuring players to offset the fines. Wow, that is beyond any logic and common sense.
    This is about the same logic as a bank robber using a declining economy as his defense for his crime. Nice.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Goodell is football's Kenesaw Mountain Landis. He is doing what is right. If the saints did these things, then they deserve the punishment, and the punishments are not over, player punishment is coming (that will really blow up the board). When he suspended sqeeler head hunter harrison for a game he did the right thing(I wanted a month but only because I hate the sqeelers). Goodell is right on the money.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not sure I agree with the comparison to Landis (who had plenty of his own issues as well), but I agree with the point.

The NFL PA has delayed any action on the players pending conclusion of their investigation, which is likely why alot of facts in the investigation are not known yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets out. When it does, I think we will be very surprised here, and the length of Payton's suspension will not be such a big deal.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

...?? What difference does that make?

It's still up to an individual to take out another on every down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar