goodell changes draft format

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I get bored watching the draft, especially after the mid first round. I don't think it's the time spent between picks. I get bored with the guys on the network trying to find something to say.
    The second day of the draft is like watching paint dry. The network people get rolling on some bull-crap, and nothing about the pick that is being made. If they would stop rambling and break away and show the pick, it might be worth watching.
    To watch the 2 days of televised draft coverage, you really have to be into football. I am very much into football, but these guys can not keep my interest past round 2.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree. The televised draft production could be much more entertaining if it was less talking heads and more highlights and team focus, or at least if the talking heads would focus on the draft pick at hand a little more.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I like shortening it, but I'd like the 3rd round still on day 1.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Goodell is doing this to please the casual fan nothing else. Give me one good reason to why this will help the actual teams in the NFL. Less time to make a franchise changing decision. They need all the time they can get to make the best decision for the franchise.

they need 15 mins not just to select the player they wanted but to talk trades and so on.

If the Drafts to long for you check the bottom line to see who was picked every few hours.

I doubt GM's like this at all they are forced to make decisions much quicker now and causing mer confusion and stress. Now if there was a NFL wide vote by GM's that said they want the Draft time limit shorter ar wouldn't mind the change then go ahead but he made a decision without asking the people that this rule really affects out of it.

Wheres Tagliaubu?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Vikings might not ever make another pick

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Goodell isn't doing this just for the casual fan. He's doing it because he's probably watched a live draft or 2 and understood just how boring it is while your team isn't picking.
    For instance, last year I got off work 3 hours in to the draft, and I STILL had to wait to see my team's first pick. That's ridiculous.
    It's practically torture to watch.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Thats the thing though this isn't about our viewing pleasure it's about our franchise making the best decision for the team.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

werd

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

makes sense to me.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

So. 1. Make the best decision for the team.
    2. and, make it interesting to watch at the same time.
    Between picks, show that Dallas Cheerleader Tryout TV show.
    Actually, this should not be a big problem. First off, they (the producers of the show), have to realize that what they are doing now is boring. Once we sell them on that problem, they can build on it from there.
    The other thing I hear is, "it gets boring during that 15 minute period between selections". Some say shorten that 15 minutes while others say the teams need the time to make trades and so on. I'm thinking, if you can work out a trade in the NFL in 15 minutes, time is not the problem here. The teams know where their selections are. They know the people available. It's not like all this was thrown at them at the last minute. They know they have 15 minutes to work with and that's how they set up their strategies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar