Gooddell Made Over $29 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 16, 2013.

  1. RavensShallBurn

    RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

    25,465
    10,668
    939
    He had it all planned out. The agreement reached greatly benefited Goodell.

    $30mil for sucking at your job and ruining the game of football. Where can I sign up?

    I would just sit back and change nothing, and be a billionaire by the time I'm done.

    Goodell, take that money and shove it up your ass. You suck.
     
    • High Five High Five x 4
  2. Finnegan2win

    Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

    14,106
    6,410
    659
    All them fines gotta go somewhere.
     
    • High Five High Five x 3
  3. The Hammer

    The Hammer Problematic AF

    40,742
    14,085
    1,239
    I just find it ironic that 18 months ago owners were crying about paying players "Too much money" and then they go and pay this guy $29 Million.
     
  4. TorontoTitanFan

    TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

    6,475
    2,864
    759
    As much as fans hate him, Goodell is doing an incredible job -- at what he's supposed to be doing. Football's popularity is at an all-time high and the league is raking in billions every year. I'm sure the owners are thrilled to pay him his salary. He's worth every penny.

    I don't understand why so many fans seem to not understand this. His job isn't to be popular.

    The fines stuff is so tiny. He's making hugely impactful business decisions (like avoiding a lockout, getting a CBA that's amazing for the owners, negotiating a huge new TV deal) and he is absolutely killing it at those tasks.
     
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

    The Hammer Problematic AF

    40,742
    14,085
    1,239
    We understand his job is not to be popular. . . . . . And he is doing a great job of not being popular.
     
  6. RavensShallBurn

    RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

    25,465
    10,668
    939
    The only new change I like is that scoring plays and turnovers are automatically reviewed. That's a good rule, though I don't know how much Goodell had to do with that.

    It's not necessarily the fines that upset me. Those, at least, go to charities. It's the fact that he's trying to change the game for the worse. He already moved kickoffs up 5 yards which has decreased the number of returns by nearly 40%. Now he wants to eliminate kickoffs altogether. That is truly stupid.

    He needs to stop doing things on his own. Ask the players what they want. They're the ones actually playing the game and at risk. I'm sure 99% of them (the other 1% being kickers) would've voted against the kickoffs moving up 5 yards and now 99.9% would be against removing kickoffs altogether. They all want the game to stay the same.

    Goodell wants to make the game safer. That's understandable. No one wants to see players suffering life-threatening injuries, but they are bound to happen no matter what you do to change the rules. The players signed up knowing the risks. You may make the game safer, but at what cost?

    Wasn't directing all of this at you. Just expressing my opinion on Goodell and my main reasoning for not liking him.
     
  7. Titans Eternal

    Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

    14,403
    8,274
    669
  8. Fry

    Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

    38,822
    14,450
    1,389
    The thing is he made $29 million in a lockout year. The guy has one main job and that's to avoid labor stoppages. Players locked out. Referees locked out. It's a good thing the owners can't be locked out, otherwise he'd be fired.
     
    • High Five High Five x 2
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

    Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

    For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

    Hit the Tip Jar