Gooddell furthers his destruction of the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Until they all get kidnapped and ransomed back to their teams.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

National Football Conference Euro Division:
    London
    Amsterdam
    Frankfurt
    Berlin

American Football Conference NorthAmerican Division:
    Toronto
    Vancouver
    L.A.
    Mexico City

40 NFL Teams. 20 Per Conference. 5 Division winners, 3 Wildcards. So if you are the crappiest division winner screw your guaranteed home playoff game.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I like it!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That was a joke, 4th stringers were sent there as a development program. League never stood a chance.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Really the only way I think the NFL could get teams in other parts of the world would be by setting up a new league entirely almost. Kinda like NFL Europe, but not a "feeder" leauge, or a NFL ''Minor league". A real league that plays as many games as the NFL, at the same time as the NFL. Then you could have the "world superbowl" or something like that. NFL-USA vs NFL-europe or whatever.

Obviously NFL-USA would crush NFL-Europe for the forseeable future, but once NFL starts getting interest from local fans there, more local people would want to play and they could start to generate a good talent pool there and make some decent teams. I think the interest would grow quickly in Europe like that because it would be a matter of national pride. Kinda like in the World Cup in soccer. The reason that has people going crazy over there is because its more than just a sport, its national pride as well ... the NFL would need to emulate that for it to work IMO.

They won't get much interest if its just a bunch of Americans, playing an American sport over in europe. Why would I care if a bunch of Europeans came over here and started 1 cricket team? ... I wouldn't care at all.

It would still be VERY difficult to accomplish this though since you would have to set up at least 10 teams over there all at once, and it would take a lot of time to develop the interest and talent level to actually compete against the NFL-USA in some sort of championship game ... but if you give it enough time, then maybe you can have leagues all over the world in many countries, then have a kind of "NFL world cup" every few years. ... again this is probably 20-30 years out though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chris Palmer will be coaching again if this happens.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I like this proposal. I don't think we're even close to it happening (no NFL-ready stadiums in several of those cities, for one), but maybe in a decade or two.

Only thing I might change is to move that Frankfurt team to the Rhein-Ruhr region of Germany. More people (~11 million) and the NFL Europa team that was based there had higher attendance.

8. The Hammer

Yes, in Dusseldorf. It did very well.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I would think the German people would eventually "get" the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Hammer

Hockey has exploded in popularity in Germany in Switzerland in the last 15 years. No reason the NFL. Germans like physical sports. And they would love the disciplined team oriented nature of football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar