Goodbye Arthur Smith Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan4Ever, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan4Ever

Titan4Ever Rookie

When will we learn? Dude cost us yet another game! 1st and goal from the 5 and he lets tanny throw it and it's basically a pick 6. Dude has cost us yet another game

• Troll Troll x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  2. WhoopsTitans

WhoopsTitans Camp Fodder

There are so many great athletes on every team in the NFL. If only there was a team that could consistently on every possession score they would win the super bowl. If you are an owner or GM and think coaching doesn't matter then chances are your team will never make it to the playoffs let alone a conference championship. The reason the Titans have a chance at a division crown with inexperienced offensive coaches is because there are very few teams that have good offensive coaches. It's with this understanding that I root for the Titans to win otherwise I wouldn't think they stood a snowballs chance in hxll of pulling it off.

3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I personally enjoy the games Art calls, especially with Henry and Tannehill playing. No doubt his rookie tendency shows, but I'm interested to see what is done with another year under his belt.

The biggest issue is we need to fix this offensive line and need a better #2 running back. The drop off is unreal from Henry to Lewis. Anyone thinking not pay Henry is insane as this team is NOT the same with him. Normally you'd say a great QB can cover up poor OL play, but this year Henry did that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. VYTillIDie

VYTillIDie Camp Fodder

His play calling baffles me. Like yesterday first drive went run run pass punt with dion Lewis. Stupid

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

He's okay, but I'm fine if he goes. Maybe it's me, but I feel he calls runs up the middle way more often than to the edges, where our line is better and Henry excels. The number of runs up the gut aggravates me.

Also, I feel he doesn't game plan to exploit defenses weaknesses. We have a great RB and QB, lean on 1 heavily if it makes sense for the opponent. For instance TB had the worst pass D in the league, but the best run D. He just keeps running it up the guy. I don't get it.

6. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

You do know there are only 2 choices as far as offensive plays. And dude 2 math being a thing. You only have so many combinations. The real way 2 judge a play caller is what are the plays being called.

I assume he came out running because they wouldn't expect it with the trash we had in the back field.

What do you want? Pass run pass? Pass pass run? Run pass run? Pass pass pass?

7. Jevoncurse

Jevoncurse Starter

This

8. Laz

Laz Starter

Since the QB switch Art is the least of our problems. He may not be some Reid Savant when it comes to OC, but for a 1st yr guy with "noodle arm Bambi" starting the season he's done ok.
    Next year I do expect a better job

9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Yeah so that's what I was saying his rookie tendency does show at times. But I dont mind him calling running plays even when not effective. The fact is we are a heavy play action team and those running plays even when not effective keeps play action alive.

So I'd just love to see what he does with a full year under his belt and see if he grows from this year to next year. If we see growth that would be awesome. Ironically not saying you are saying this, but if it was all pass with the run being ineffective you'll hear just as many people complaining after losses the team is too predictable and unbalanced lol. Cant have it both ways but everyone wants it all. Having a balanced offense is harder than most think considering our o line played like high schoolers most of the season and the running game falls off a cliff every time Henry sits.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

This my friends is why you watch the game and not the ESPN Game cast.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar