Goodbye Arthur Smith Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan4Ever, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I’m not a huge Smith fan, but I’ve watched our offense make mistake after mistake and handcuff Smith with long yardage situations. It isn’t all bad scheme...it is mainly poor execution. About half of those negative yardage plays are sacks where our sieve OL got destroyed

Not many NFL teams have an offense like the Chiefs filled with amazing speed and a great offensive mind in Reid....it sure is fun to watch....but we still won the game!!!

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Penalties were never an issue prior to this year. That's not a coincidence.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Wouldn't it reflect poorly on dip chit Vrabel getting a new OC every year. He'd be three years as a HC and 3 new OCs. Art will stay

4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

You're only upset at me because I voted no on the poll in regards to the squat!

Give Art a chance, team is winning lol

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

News to me

No one pays attention to what youre doing

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Titan4Ever

Titan4Ever Rookie

Art is god awful. If he stays we are screwed

7. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

If Tannenhill keeps winning does it save Arts job?

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Probably but if JRob was smart he'd get an experienced OC in here.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The offense is improving. It was the guys first year, he was pretty much mandated to keep the offense the same for consistency, and he was shackled to a crap qb to start the year.

Maybe he's not so bad after all. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

10. TitansStro

TitansStro Special Teams Standout

I’ve been as big of a critic of Art as anyone, but at the end of the day he is still a first year OC and there has to be a reason that he has survived all the coaching changes. I can live with them giving him at least the rest of the year to see if the offense improves. Also, to be fair he has been crippled by this horrendous O-line. With that being said, I think he has done a terrible job of scripting plays that will get our WR’s in favorable matchups and there have been a few games this year where it seems like our offensive gameplan has been to completely ignore the opponents weaknesses and play right to their strengths. Davis and Brown are WAY too talented to only be targeted a couple times a game, that is just coaching malpractice. I think at the very least, if they plan on keeping him on next year, they have to bring in an experienced guy to pair with him like they did when they brought in LeBeau to be assistant DC.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar