Goodbye Arthur Smith Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan4Ever, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

heading into 4Q titans had ran like 20 play for like 125 yards while KC had ran like 65 plays for 350 yards...

just pathetic

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Better, the f*ck, not

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Chefs snapped the ball 77 times....

Titans got off 49...

in all honesty without the TD from the D the Chefs romp... but Titans did get the scoopNscore, probably a 10 point delta IMO.

point is cant keep winning games with an O that refuses to stay on the field. And Authur Smith is 100% at fault for this.

All the MM8 haterade guzzlers see the 3 Ws.... first 2 were D stops last one T17 did exactly zero till 4Q... but he did play well 4Q I will give him that.

the overall ineptitude of the O has in fact not changed with T17 under center its just been masked by 2 late D stops and 1 excellent half a quarter of QB play by Tammy

sidebar: Just discovered this nugget today and was a tad stunned by it. Apparently under Vrabel the Titans are undefeated when winning or tied at the half

11-0 now (factoid did not shred out winning vs tied but we all know Titans never lead at the half - LOL)

which is amazing. Sad part is it means that Titans have been LOSING at the half 15 of 26 games Vrabel has been HC. And Titan record in those games is 3-12 .... ouch

#93 GoT, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

The fact of the matter is that the Titans have increased their PPG from 16 to 25 moving from Mariota to Tannehill.

I’m no real Tannehill-believer, and I’m actually somewhat of a Mariota apologist, but facts are facts. Mariota was horrible in his 6 games under center, and he played himself out of the job. If we just have the Mariota of last year (when he was healthy) our record is pretty damn good right now, and Mariota is still the starting QB. But, we didn’t. But we have his pre-2019 equal in Tannehill right now.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Lol at you including d points

I think you are misdirecting your dissatisfaction at mm8 when it is clearly on Arthur Smith

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Art has to stay if we can get Tammy to extend. We just need the consistency on offense. If a new OC comes in it may take a while to learn a whole new playbook.

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

If Art stays, the entire WR group will demand a trade and Tannehill might not even want to play here.

8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Seeing the Chiefs offense versus the Titans offense in person was absolutely glaring how behind the times our offense was. It was like going from a mid 2000's Chevy Tahoe to a brand new Porsche.

The Chiefs were constantly moving guys in motion, using jet sweep stretch plays to set up other plays, constantly putting the defense between a rock and a hard place by using creative routes and play actions, making the defensive players have to make impossible choices and solo tackles, and using lots of quick misdirection mixed with quick hitters.

Our offense was stagnant, predictable, condensed, and allowed them to dictate things we were able to do. The only way we were able to produce was by simply lining up and beating them physically in the run game.

That's nice and all, but you can't expect to do that every week in the NFL. It'd be nice if we were able to force the defense into bad positions AND out physical them.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

This was a play that we ran on 3rd and long. Every receiver is running into the middle of the field. I can't believe that we ended up with someone worse than Robiskie.

Screenshot_2019-11-12-19-16-12.png

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Special Teams Standout

Rewatching the game on NFL network missed this sobering stat (came on after the Tannehil “fumble”) during next TN possession, Titans lead the league in plays for negative yardage (89 plays I believe so far this year) that’s pretty god awful. We have won (very luckily I might add) 3/4 games recently in spite of our stellar Offensive coordinator no doubt about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar