Good Job Jimmy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I just wanted to point out the work that Jim is doing in Detroit. I like how he is getting some key players and making some moves. Sure he took his (rush 4 mentality) with him, but i like how active he is in the offseason. KVB, Williams, nate, housten...

If i remember correctly, during our purge/rebuilding era, we signed KVB (really was a long shot) and i cant remember anything else we did (remind me pls) but taking a look at Jimmy he is rebuilding that D real good - and knowing Jim he wants SUH more than anything.

We all know you cant buy championships and well Detroit is in reality very far from getting one, however, i like how Jim is handling himself. We were all giving him beef, i wonder how much should have been attributed to Jeff.

2. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

No kidding, who knows, by the start of the season he'll probably Nick Harper??

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He went 2–14 and now he's spending a ton of money on mediocre free agents (the Burleson contract, in particular, was mocked around the league -- Burleson got more money than Anquan Boldin!).

It's a little premature to start praising Schwartz.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

true; i know about that. thats why i said 'we all know you can't buy championships' but still like you said they won 2 games, they need to make some moves. While the Nate contract was quite a bit off, you still cant deny what he is doing with that D.

Imagine next season they field a line with
    KVB, Williams, and Suh/McCoy; that is a great start. nate may surprise some too, no longer the #1, beside Johnson he can have a good year.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's actually trying to UPGRADE positions. I think every year people never think about upgrades. They think "Is this guy a probowler? No? Then he sucks!". But if they upgrade 5 positions on their team and continue getting better- that's all people can ask for.
    It's probably more effective to upgrade 5 positions with OK players than to get 1 difference maker.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

He's trying to make a difference in a horrible defense, Fisher and CO. on the other hand...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

But what's the point in upgrading horrible positions with slightly horrible positions. The difference is what? 1 or 2 wins?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wish the Lions the best. That area needs a Saints-like story to bring the life back to Detroit.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe. But that's an improvement.

Had we made a slight upgrade to Harper, with a mediocre CB that isn't terrible- we would have had probably 4 more wins. You never know.

But 2 more wins this year, 2 more the next, etc. I'm sure Lions fans would be happy with that if it continued.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You never know how a player will do for another team. you cant really go by the way they play on their former teams. These guys could be solid players in the Lions program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar