Goin to miami next week.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rwysman, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Be honest, have you EVER gone out on a Saturday in downtown Nashville? It is always a guaranteed blast. Oh, and Opry Mills is underwater and even before that, it still sucked.

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Trust me it is not a blast if you want a boring place to raise your children go to church and do nothing Nashville is the number place to go.

I know we love our city where we live and will defend it no matter what.But the true is nashville places and stuff to do is not even close to miami (not the people the people are great).

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't go to church or have children. I'm living the high life in the music city.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Jessica

Jessica Starter

My dad lives in Nashville and I've been visiting there since I was 6, so it holds a place close to my heart and I would definitely consider living there one day. But for me, there's something about being close to the ocean, especially with the tropical atmosphere and clear water in southern Florida, that really nothing else can top. And I'm not saying that in the normal touristy omgashhh the beaches r so0000ooo kewl sense. I actually almost went to the University of Miami this year, but the scholarship I was offered was only worth about half of the tuition. I visited Miami last spring break and it was beautiful, but I've heard a lot of bad things too, so whether or not I'd choose to live there when I'm older, I don't know. I stayed in Key West when I was 16 for a few weeks and was captivated, that's really what got me hooked on southern Florida. The ocean there was the most beautiful sh*t I'd ever seen. But again, living there...with the prices and low job opportunities, near impossible. Damn!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If the beach is what matters, go to a city not as trashy...like any other city in the US that has a beach. I bet they have less hypodermics and homeless people on the shore than Miami.

There are literally "beach bums" on the beach in Miami. Literally lots of homeless sleep right on the beach at night. I was surprised to see that.

Miami may have been enjoyable had I not been to good cities with beaches, like Hilton Head Island and San Diego.

Nashville isn't the most entertaining place in the US if you are from the "Night at the Roxbury" cast, but It's much safer, and a friendlier atmosphere than Miami, that's for sure, and I feel safer walking the streets downtown at night there.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

In conclusion, Nashville > Miami. :yes:

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I like living in a place where there are four distinct seasons, not one and a half.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's where I'd differ. I like the warm weather, but it's the people that ruin Miami.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You weren't worried about living in the ghetto that surrounds the entire campus?
    :gag:

10. Jessica

Jessica Starter

The "beach bums" don't bother me; you can find them anywhere, anyway. I don't know if I plan on living in Miami, but I'd like to live somewhere in southern Florida. Anyone from there have any suggestions? haha

Yeah, campus wasn't too impressive...at all, really.

I know what you're saying, but by distinct season do you mean going from incredibly hot to incredibly cold in a few weeks, with a few days of in between? I like seasons too, but ours suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar