Go For 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ThreeBallPaul, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

On the way home from the game on 104.5, Mularkey was being interviewed and said we were going to go for 2 if we scored a TD on the last drive.

Keep in mind,our defense held the Raiders to 0 points the 2nd half yet he was still going to go for 2.

Does this dude even think?

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

that is pretty ****ing stupid, but murray was getting it done so might have paid off

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

My opinion is why even risk it. We have all the momentum, our defense is playing phenomenal, why risk the game on an almost coin flip?

4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Eh irrelevant since we didn't score anyways. But there you go, more reasons to question this hire...

5. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

I don't disagree, but had we scored and gone for 2 and not gotten it, probably would have been a way worse reaction than losing the way we did

6. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Personally I would kick and play OT.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was 114 on that field. I think, after driving down as they did, and Murray getting yardage all day, I go too against a tired D.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Its a coin flip. People complained when Fisher went for OT, and now they complain that Mularkey would have went for two.

9. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

I don't know who 'they' is but it's all analytics. And in that scenario, there's no way going for 2 would net a higher probability of winning than going to OT

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Doesn't matter...Who cares. We lost....End of story

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar