GM Mock Draft Commentary thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd like to nominate my two teams for best drafted teams of this mock.

Ravens- Matt Ryan and CB Brandon Flowers. This would be great for them, QB of the future and great depth to the CB position maybe even someone that would challenge Rolle.

Seahawks- WR Devin Thomas and TE Dustin Keller. New toys on offense that will still be on the team when Hasslebeck is replaced.

I'd like to see a breakdown by team, but I'm too lazy to do it myself.

2. Hmmm... remind me again who's controlling those teams? :ha:

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I really like Phillip Wheeler as a player, and could see him going late 2nd, but I don't think he goes to us that early.

Don't hate the pick, but would have prefered DT or RB, given the value.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I like Seattle's draft a lot.

I don't like Baltimore's at all. I know Matt Ryan makes sense for them at 8, but there O-Line REALLY needs help and I'm not sold on Brandon Flowers at CB.

I think San Fran have drated players that are perfectly suited to them, and I also like New Orleans' draft.

Atlanta (my team) have picked up 4 potential starters in Jake Long, Fred Davis, Dan Connor and JD Booty, but with 4 picks inside of the top 50, you'd have to hope they can help themselves.

5. Alex1939

Uh, i said I'd like to nominate MY two teams. As in, the one's I drafted in the mock.

It would be nice if we have a chance to do a breakdown by team or something before the real draft gets here.

6. I know, I'm just kidding with you. I'd think anyone would say they drafted well. I mean, obviously my draft picks were great, but I'm not so sure about the rest of you... :ha:

And honestly, I don't like the Titans picks in the slightest. But maybe that's just me.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was thinking long and hard about DT, RB and DE, but when it came down to it i didn't see anyone that would have been better in second than anyone i can get in the third.

laws gets pushed around a lot. red bryant is too hot and cold. marcus harrison has some big red flags off the field and dre moore is way too raw to take in the second. pat simms was the only one i would have taken.

cliff avril was going to be my pick at DE, but bobo snatched him up a few picks before me.

the way i see it, there is no difference between a second round runningback and a third round runningback in this draft with the depth.

i saw a BIG drop off when it came to both outside and inside linebacker and wheeler was the BPA.

i knew it would be an unpopular pick, but we have 0 depth at LB and he definitely has the potential to start in a year or two.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Pat Simms would be a steal at our pick round 2. I would love to see him next to big Al.

9. Alex1939

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. My picks are great, and yall fools suck. :ha:

;)

Yeah, this mock makes me nervous about the Titans picks. Not that I wasn't anyway.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Soo...we on hold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar