GM Mock Draft Commentary thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I just made GLinks pick in his absence.

Let's keep it going.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

This is getting frustrating...

3. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

SK - Nice pickup for the Giants in Kenny Phillips, filling a need. If anyone is wondering why the Giants are so stocked at RB, Jonathan Stewart was also available for SK to pick at #32.

No way does Stewart fall into the 2nd Round, but since he did in our mock. Another great pick by SK for Carolina.

IMO - Too many 2nd/3rd WR prospects have been taken too early in our mock. Sweed & Jackson will be the only 1st rounders.

4. I can see us taking Stewart if he falls to #24. And yeah, I'd have picked Stewart with the Giants if they didn't already have a bunch of good RBs.

But I doubt Stewart slips out of the 1st round either.

And I agree about the number of WRs taken early is unlikely in the real draft.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

See....while I would agree with you, you as well as the rest of us know, that after about pick 10, things get sticky and a lot of teams do things that you couldnt predict. I could see Stewart dropping out of 1st round.

6. Hey, you never know what will happen on draft day. But the surgery doesn't appear to be all that serious (apparently not reconstructive surgery like Eddie George had) and he was a top RB prospect prior to that.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i wouldn't say a shocker, honestly i thought you were going to take flacco instead of dan connor.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I would have taken Brohm if he was available with the first of the Falcons 3 second round picks.

I rate Flacco, Henne and Booty around the same (slight edge to Booty) and figured he'd still be available by the 3rd of the Falcons second round picks, so addressed other needs first.

Could possibly have got Booty with my 3rd rounder, but if Henne and Booty both went by then, that would be disastrous.

All part of my cunning plan.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

damn you bobo, you took cliff avril.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

PUKE!

........ if that is really the Titans 2nd pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar