GM Jon Robinson's Season Recap

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

"I'm glad he's on this football team"

Pretty telling

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think even as fans of Mariota, myself included, are hesitant about him, but want him to succeed. I don't wish him any ill, I just want him to be the QB I thought he was going to be.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I heard this interview and thought JRob's answer was scripted and designed to do exactly what it did.

If JRob would have said "Marcus is our QB and we're investing $20M to prove that", fans would have said the franchise isn't trying to get better and has the blinders on.

If he'd said "Marcus needs to be better, stay on the field and prove he's the long-term answer" would have come out as an ultimatum, that he doesn't have faith in him and he's looking to possibly replace him the first opportunity he can.

We're going to get a ton of this the next few months.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

JR has said Marcus needs time off to get healthy and be back for 2019

sounds like he back for 2019

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That was never in doubt. Beyond, '19? Very much up in the air.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Oh absolutely

Time to light a fire under Marcus, see if hes ready to rise to the occasion.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

JRob also is most likely getting ready to negotiate a long term extension for MM. He doesn't want to say that he is all in on him and give leverage to MM's agent. MM's agent has to be a little worried about the long term health of his client. If MM doesn't agree to a long term extension before next season and then gets hurt during the season then his value will certainly drop. I would think his agent would realize that fact and be willing to negotiate a fair market value deal for him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. JCBRAVE

9 out of 10 fans are done with Mary, cant see an extension this offseason. The stadium would be half empty week-1

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

no one cares what the loser fans in TN think. worst fanbase in sports

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

Its bad business to piss your fanbase off

There would be major bitching and whining if we gave him a new deal right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar