GM for a day (draft day)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bayou Titan, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would agree with some and say A J Hawk as the first rnd pick. Cutler has definite NFL potential and could be around for the 2nd rnd pick. If Cutler isn't available in the second and the titans are set on takin a qb Darrell Hackney could be a sleeper pick in the 4th or 5th rnds. As for us gettin leinart or bush I think thats pretty much out of the question unless we trade up somehow to get one of them. Bush will most certainly be gone by pick 3 and the Jets, Packers and Saints may all be interested in Leinart. Unfortunately, Vince Young is gonna stay for his senior season so that leaves Cutler and Omar Jacobs as the best available qbs. As for O-line, I'll agree that we need lots of work but I am on the side of late rnd guys developing. I think if we can get back to running the ball well and controlling the clock that McNair will again return to Pro-Bowl form. McNair will hopefully be around for at least two more years allowing time for Cutler or Hackney to develop if they are taken by the Titans. I'm not completely sold on Volek and I think the Jets would definitely be interested in trading for him on draft day if they miss out on Leinart. They expressed interest earlier in the season and he ran Heimerdingers offense last year when he looked good throwing td after td down the stretch for Tennessee. I think the safeties will progress if we give them time. Thompson has some game IMO but Tank will most likely get cut. Fisher being a former DB, i'm sure he will make good decisions on the defensive backfield and bring the team back to contention next year. As for the Lbs I think Hawk would be a definite upgrade and would play well alongside KB.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

anybody know how old kieth is next year?

3. He turns 29 on april 4th

4. paraconspiracy

so after next season he'll be 30? crap... even he's starting to get old... 3 more top notch years at least though... i just want some younguns out there

5. paraconspiracy

well 2 at least

6. I think he could possibly play at this level for another 4 or 5 years myself.

7. paraconspiracy

friend i hope you are right... possibly.
    i just got this bad feeling about pacman dissappearing on us after his contract is up in a few years and i would hate for those two to come at the same time

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pacman has got another 5 years, bit early to be calling for him to split.

who knows what will happen.

9. paraconspiracy

i hadnt realized pac had signed that long... good job front office.
    maybe by then this town and him can become friends

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Sorry, I don't flame, but when I saw that "hail marry" attempt at fixing the QB situation I about lost it. Especially with that cocky attitude like yours was the one true way. Maybe you didn't mean for it to come off that way, I just took it like that. QB is definitely not a position you draft shotgun style. The logical and realistic thing that will happen is we'll probably trade Billy, restructure and re-sign McNair. Now whether Mac plays or not - that depends. There are some mid-round QB prospects who are preety interesting and worth a look see. Don't know if we'll have a chance at Leinart, Young, Cutler and Jacobs could possibly return as well as Young. You didn't mention 6 new Olinemen coming in, you mentioned LeCharles Bentley and suggested we draft OLine from rounds 5th-7th; that's only four. Speaking of LeCharles, he plays for NEW ORLEANS. If you watched the New Orleans vs. Atlanta Monday night game two Monday nights ago, you would have seen him put little to no effort at blocking the Falcon's front line. I can recall atleast five times where a DLinemen from Atlanta had a free shot at Brooks because he didn't put a damn effort into blocking - one of those free shots was a safety. It's not the only game, there's been others. Bottom Line: He ain't worth the preety penny he'll ask for. As many draft picks you want, our money that could go to solid FA's will be gone to first day draft picks. So technically, yeah, that looked like the whole off-season gone to the draft, which is all we need right now: getting even younger.

Oh and you wanna talk to me about Valium, I'm not the one who spells like he's snortin Valium lines pal. What's "douche''''er"? The names Deutsch which means German, not douche. Ignorance becomes you....:sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar